NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Well, I did it (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/137885-well-i-did-it.html)

Blessings2You 11-09-2010 07:38 AM

Well, I did it

I started taking my Copaxone again, after about a 7-month "break". I was experiencing extreme anxiety, chest tightness, palpitations, the whole nine yards...which magically disappeared after a couple weeks' "leave of absence" from the shots.

My neuro felt it was coincidental and not the Copaxone, and we agreed (loosely speaking) that I should give it another try. I fully intended to, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'd look at that needle and my heart would start to beat faster just remembering my heart beating faster.

I'm NOT afraid of the needle, just of having that extreme panic/anxiety thing going on again.

Well, this morning I finally did it! Actually, about 20 minutes ago. Of course, one way to guarantee anxiety is to ANTICIPATE anxiety, so I'm doing a lot of talking to myself.

I never had an IPIR the whole three or four (?) years I took the stuff, but notified my husband anyway that I'd just taken a shot, just in case.

We'll see how the next few days/weeks go. As most of us suspect, it's kind of a roll of the dice anyway, but I figured I'd (are you ready? wait for it...) give it another shot. :D

Dejibo 11-09-2010 09:03 AM

I have having massive anxiety on copaxone, and it took a while for it to calm, but I am sooooo much happier without it. DHMC (my MD) wants to have me restart, but I just cant bring myself to do it.

Im so proud of you! You are braver than I am. :hug:

barb02 11-09-2010 10:39 AM

Good for you! I hope you can manage the anxiety.

I had 5 IPIR's while I was on copaxone in a four month period so my neuro told me to stop. I decided to retry it one year later and on the very first day guess what happen. three hours after the injection, my temperature shot up to 103 and stayed that way for several hour while I shook under many blankets. Neuros and shared solutions reaction was that was not a "normal" side effect and I was told to stop again.

I have an appointment with my neuro on Thursday. I am not sure that either of us even want to consider the new oral med at this time.

Kitty 11-09-2010 11:30 AM

Good luck B2Y! I hope this time it works for you without any side effects. C was my first DMD to try. I didn't have an adverse reaction to it.......but I progressed while on it so my Neuro at the time said it was a waste of money and medicine for me to keep on with it.

I pray that you'll have a good experience with it this time. :hug:

SallyC 11-09-2010 12:25 PM

Good Luck and Good Wishes, (((Blessings)))