NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   Hi everyone (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/55592-hi.html)

Beth1957 10-04-2008 06:35 PM

Hi everyone

Can't remember if I've already posted here or not - good old unruptured annie symptoms! Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've not introduced myself, so hello ;).

I'm recently diagnosed with an unruptured annie. It's more or less in the center of my brain but slightly to the right. It's 2cm (about 0.8 inches) across & roughly spherical. It was picked up mainly because I was having trouble with my sight; I've lost a chunk of my visual field in the upper left quadrant of both eyes.

I've seen the neurosurgeon, and he says that we'll discuss treatment once I've had an angiogram. He mentioned 3 forms of treatment - clipping and coiling, which I'd heard of, and high- or low-flow bypass, which I hadn't. I've tried looking those 2 up but haven't found anything - I wondered if anyone had any info on them?

I also wondered if anyone else had had an aneurysm affect their sight, and if so if their sight got back after tthe annie was treated?

Jess.t123 10-06-2008 04:04 PM

Hi Beth sorry I have never heard of that so cannot help. Good luck with whatever choice you make hope it all goes well. Jess

Crwstar 10-07-2008 02:43 PM

Hi

Don't know if you are still looking for information on high-or low flow bypass but here's what I typed in "high- or low-flow bypass for aneurysm" into google and some stuff came up. No way I can even attempt to tell you what they were saying but if you type that into google you should get some stuff.

Have you been told that its pressing on your optic nerve? I had visual tests to get a base line for my vision (don't have any issues now) so they could compare as time goes on.

Good luck with your search

Beth1957 10-07-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crwstar (Post 384094)
Don't know if you are still looking for information on high-or low flow bypass but here's what I typed in "high- or low-flow bypass for aneurysm" into google and some stuff came up. No way I can even attempt to tell you what they were saying but if you type that into google you should get some stuff.

Have you been told that its pressing on your optic nerve? I had visual tests to get a base line for my vision (don't have any issues now) so they could compare as time goes on.

Good luck with your search

Hi - yes, I'd tried googling but understood very little of what came up :thud:
Never mind, I've got the date for my angiogram (October 31st) so I'm sure they;ll explain it all then; they're good like that!
Yep, I've been told that the annie is pressing on somepart of my optic nerves.

Crwstar 10-07-2008 05:40 PM

Beth1957

Oh boy, I know how you felt :thud: when trying to read that stuff.

:Good-Luck: with your angiogram. I had one back in April and the staff were fantastic. Hardest part was laying still for up to 6 hours :eek:.

All the best

Beth1957 10-08-2008 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crwstar (Post 384197)
Oh boy, I know how you felt :thud: when trying to read that stuff.

ROFL awful, isn't it! Obviously not designed for we mere mortals to understand :mfr_wha:

:sorry: I meant to say thank you for looking, last night, but I forgot... tired I guess :Yawn:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crwstar (Post 384197)
:Good-Luck: with your angiogram. I had one back in April and the staff were fantastic. Hardest part was laying still for up to 6 hours :eek:.

All the best

Thank you for your kind thoughts Yep, I think they'll have to have me well sedated;I don't normally stay still for more that 5 minutes - even when I'm asleep!:hug: