NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Little Finger Twitching (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/42939-little-finger-twitching.html)

Friend2U 04-06-2008 12:24 AM

Little Finger Twitching

If it's not one thing, it's another...right?! :rolleyes: Just tonight my little finger has been twitching. Six months ago, I wouldn't have given something like this a second thought. But, now, I'm thinking, "Oh great! What now?" :eek:

Anyone have a twitching little finger? :cool: If you have, what was it the start of?

Thanks, you wise folks! :wink:

P.S. When I read this back, it sounds so tiny and insignificant... which it is... but oh well, I will submit it anyway. Any answer will be better than wondering! It's okay if you tell me, stop worrying about every little thing! :)

Erin524 04-06-2008 12:46 AM

I had a twitching middle finger for a few weeks last summer. :rolleyes:

It kept trying to get me into trouble. :eek: :) :D

Seriously, it just twitched repeatedly, sometimes for 10 or 20 minutes at a time, and sometimes it would twitch for hours. Drove me nuts, but it quit after a couple of weeks.

Kitty 04-06-2008 04:55 AM

I've had this, too. Sometimes my eye twitches, too. It's been doing it for years - the doctor said it's just stress (their dx for everything it seems!!!)

But I believed him because it was during the time I was working full time in the office - not here at home - and it was incredibly stressful.

I asked my Neuro about it and he said not to worry about it - it's not a "tremor" but just a muscle twitching on it's own and not related to my MS. OK - I'll believe it for now. But I know the feeling of thinking everything is MS related and just the beginnings of something bigger.

Hope it gets better soon! :hug:

Erin524 04-06-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 252620)
I've had this, too. Sometimes my eye twitches, too. It's been doing it for years - the doctor said it's just stress (their dx for everything it seems!!!)

But I believed him because it was during the time I was working full time in the office - not here at home - and it was incredibly stressful.

I asked my Neuro about it and he said not to worry about it - it's not a "tremor" but just a muscle twitching on it's own and not related to my MS. OK - I'll believe it for now. But I know the feeling of thinking everything is MS related and just the beginnings of something bigger.

Hope it gets better soon! :hug:

I get the eyelid twitches too. I've never been able to associate it with stress tho...it just happens.

I also get twitches in my thighs and occasionally I'll get twitches in my arm, near the elbow joint.

I can remember having twitches in my legs as far back as grade school. That's one of the things that makes me think that I've had MS for a looong time. Amazing that I didnt know about it till 2yrs ago and didnt get diagnosed till January 2007. I have no way of knowing for sure that I've actually had it longer than 10yrs tho.

the Bird 04-06-2008 07:59 PM

Just call up the doc and let them know! They can add it to your file.

If it gets really bad, there is a wonderful Parkinson's Disease drug that takes tremors away! Been there, done that, will do again!!! If needed!

cjohnston 04-11-2008 12:05 PM

its ok, i have had twitching in fingers and toes. Its more like tremors. I also have it in my lower jaw. My nero is upping my dose of the drug of gabapentin. Its suppose to help with things like that.

patron19vet 04-03-2014 07:28 AM

twitching little finger

Be very cautious in reporting any twitching to your doctor. I reported a twitching little finger in 2003 during a regular checkup. Two weeks later I got a notice from the Oregon DMV that my license was suspended for medical reasons. Hope this helps someone.

SallyC 04-03-2014 11:13 AM

This is an old thread, but thanks for the warning.:hug: