NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   question (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/120573-question.html)

sheds 04-26-2010 12:59 PM

question

I am going to make this short and sweet. Sixteen months ago, I had a seizure while shopping and another while in the ER. The second seizure resulted in my falling out of the bed onto the floor because the bed rail was not up. I suffered a concussion and a broken nose. So, I have filed a claim against the hospital. I have stopped seeing the docs at that hospital because I felt that they didn't want to acknowledge my injury. So, I changed docs. Here's my question. I have not told my new docs about the claim. Do you think that my care could be jeopardized if they knew? I really like my neurologist and he could probably help my case, but I don't want to lose him if he finds out. My attorney said today that he has never heard of a headache continuing for this long following a concussion in the absence of TMJ or something similar. Let me tell you, if I could go back to the days without a headache, I would be back there in a second.

Any thoughts would be great!

Theta Z 04-26-2010 05:01 PM

Excellent questions and considerations, sheds.
I've been trying to learn how might I send to you a pm.
I haven't learned that yet. I'll keep trying. Would like to discuss more with you re: your question and experiences in all of this.

Chemar 04-26-2010 05:23 PM

hi Theta :)
welcome to NeuroTalk

as a new member, you wont be able to PM yet. it is part of our anti-spam software ;) but just keep posting a bit more and your PM ability will follow

you can then go to any member's profile by clicking on their user name left of their post, and choose the option to send them a private message or post a visitor message on their page

visitor messages can be seen by any member logged in, so they are not private. but they cant be seen by the Googlebots like posts can

hope that helps

Mark in Idaho 04-26-2010 06:29 PM

I have friends with brain injuries that have had head aches for decades. They will be at the migraine level than reduce to a more tolerable level.

I have lately experienced more time with a head ache than without. Fortunately, mine rarely get to any serious pain levels, just annoying. Right now, it feels like I have something pressing between my eyes.

I would not discuss your claim with your doctor. When your attorney wants to communicate with your doctor, let him do it.

I have know doctors who refuse to treat a patient who has any claims against the health care establishment.

Theta, Like Chemar said, keep posting and you will hit a critical mass of posts and PM's will become available.

Theta Z 04-27-2010 03:03 PM

hi, mark -
I guess I should address this to your attention, as our "Ace" researcher on the science side of MTBI. I just happened across this recent (4/13/2010) brief journal abstract, which at least *begins* to address the changes muchly needed in how "the invisible injury" is viewed.

(Okay, I just "got it" that I'm not yet up to weblink posting status. So, may I share that it is in neuroskillsdotcom's CurrentNews? Ya'all may already be up on the info there for us.)

Best regards,
Theta