NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   new member - Jennyk38 (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/20474-jennyk38.html)

jennyk38 05-25-2007 07:08 PM

cold or hot

hello, i'm anewbie here as well as to rsd just diagnosed 4 wks. ago. i have read everything i could find but never really knew there was hot or cold. it's kind of funny (not ha! ha! funny) because as i sit here typing on the computer i am wearing a pink glove that belongs to my daughter. my right hand will feel like it's burning sometimes but other times it's cold as ice. i thought that's how everybody was! thanks for the info. you guys have really neat and inspirational sayings and pictures and links. i'm lucky just to figure out how to use this board so forgive me if it's a little bland i'm not very good with the computer. thanks again, jennifer

Jomar 05-25-2007 07:48 PM

Jennifer -- Hello and Welcome to the forum.
Hope to get to know you better - we can sure give plenty of emotional support and the gang here is an awesome group.:grouphug:

unrouley1 05-25-2007 09:12 PM

welcome! i'm glad you found this place because it has been such a blessing for me. it's so nice to be able to talk about how you really feel and find that people understand and are compassionate. nobody i know has a clue as to what i go thru on a daily basis. i've said it on previous posts, but i can't stress it enough. this really is a great place.

:grouphug:

shalom!
angie

Linmarie 05-25-2007 10:34 PM

Hi Jennifer,
Sorry you got RSD. When I was diagnosed with RSD (almost 4 years ago) I got a lot of really good information & help from these boards. I saw your question regarding stellate ganglion blocks on another post. I had 10 & yes, he did use fluorscopy, I had the droopy eye. Sometimes my arm was warm, other times I didn't notice. I felt temporary relief with some of the blocks (& that made them worth it to me at the time). I listened to a relaxation CD before going for my blocks & my doc did say I was the most relaxed patient he had & asked how I did it. I did not feel relaxed, though. I don't know if there was any long lasting benefits from them or not. I was willing to try anything short of surgery (board members strongly advised against that, for which I am eternally grateful). I also had an EMG on my arm & have had 2 on my legs. To my amazement they weren't as bad as I anticipated. Then again, I had good docs administer them. Wanted to share my experience with you & wish you luck.
Linmarie

theoneRogue420 05-26-2007 04:42 AM

Hi, Jennie, and welcome to our "little family" :D I am a newbie, too, but somehow you find yourself feeling right at home here, like you've always belonged.

I am also sorry you have to be here at all, of course. Crps isn't anything nice. At least we all have this place... a place to feel safe while discussing our issues, talking with others who understand and saving our families the grief of knowing just how bad we really feel.

dawn3063 05-26-2007 09:46 AM

:Wave-Hello: Hi Jennifer,
Welcome, I've been around neuro talk's TOS forum for a long time but I am also fairly new to the RSD forum and have just been diagnosed with RSD 7 weeks ago. Mine occured after a TOS re-do surgery..
Everyone here has been "Great" they are all so informative and have great :heartthrob: and :hug: especially when you need them the most..
Many Hugs :hug:
Dawn

lostmary 05-26-2007 10:19 AM

Jenny,
I have to agree with dawn as to how great this group of people are. I've only officially been dx with rsd for a couple of weeks. I have had it according to my doc for well over 2 years. It's a scary and painful disease, and the support if get here keeps me for doing a complete panic attack. Whenever I have a question or concern I jump on here and everyone helps quell my fears or just tell me that I'm not a baby/wimp/hysterical/making it up/ or any thing else you can think of. welcome
Mary
:grouphug: