NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   CRPS and other issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/239173-crps-issues.html)

Too many issues 08-20-2016 07:54 PM

CRPS and other issues

I had been diagnosed with CRPS back in 2001.

Any connection with CRPS and Hypothyroidism?

Any connection with CRPS and arthritis? I have it in my spine (to include neck), both shoulders and toes.

THanks

CRPSbe 08-21-2016 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too many issues (Post 1221186)

Any connection with CRPS and arthritis? I have it in my spine (to include neck), both shoulders and toes.

THanks

Boy those are the heavy questions, right off the bat...

I don't think there are studies even on these things... I may be wrong, but I've never heard of one.

whiteaa 08-21-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too many issues (Post 1221186)

THanks

I have a lot of issues alongside my CRPS too and I also find it hard to believe they aren't related, even if there isn't research to support it. I have a family history of thyroid issues (Hashimoto's) but my tests came back negative.

I'm sorry you are having issues and I hope all of us find answers one day!

CRPSbe 08-22-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteaa (Post 1221267)
I have a lot of issues alongside my CRPS too and I also find it hard to believe they aren't related, even if there isn't research to support it. I have a family history of thyroid issues (Hashimoto's) but my tests came back negative.

I'm sorry you are having issues and I hope all of us find answers one day!

I have CRPS, and Menière's and migraines. I have been having migraines since puberty, so that has 0 to do with it. And I only got Menière's in recent years. It's not related, I don't see how it could be, they are totally different conditions.

What *is* important is that when you get struck with something new that the doctor just doesn't dismiss the new symptoms as a part of CRPS or of life with it, and investigates from scratch. That's where it matters, IMMHO.

BioBased 08-22-2016 07:22 AM

I think the issues are auto-immune related. I have Meniere's Disease, Migraines and CRPS. All my blood work for thyroid is normal, but it is possible I have adrenal fatigue, which I am testing for in the fall.

My D level keeps falling which concerns me, because taking massive amounts of d is not good idea due to other mineral imbalances it can create. There has to be a reason my body is losing d. Right now I am researching magnesium in an effort to figure this out.

visioniosiv 08-22-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioBased (Post 1221303)
I think the issues are auto-immune related. I have Meniere's Disease, Migraines and CRPS. All my blood work for thyroid is normal, but it is possible I have adrenal fatigue, which I am testing for in the fall.

My D level keeps falling which concerns me, because taking massive amounts of d is not good idea due to other mineral imbalances it can create. There has to be a reason my body is losing d. Right now I am researching magnesium in an effort to figure this out.

Bio:

Wholly agree on auto-immune relation!

On Vit D levels - Vitamin K2 may also be of some help as far as how D is absorbed. Can't say I have personal bloodwork to reference this though.

BioBased 08-23-2016 04:12 AM

V,

You are right about the K, unfortunately I cannot take it for awhile, due to clotting issues. I used to take a sublingual D3 with K2.

Because of the brain surgery I had in Feb. I have been on antiplatelets, which cause me to bruise so easily I look like an overripe peach. Hopefully, once Plavix is out of my system, I will start seeing improvements, if not in D levels, but at least in my skin.