NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The sock conspiracy... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/104289-sock-conspiracy.html)

legzzalot 09-29-2009 05:42 PM

The sock conspiracy...

One of the new things that has popped up since surgery is complete numbness from the waist down... I can't even feel pressure now on my legs. But I know that this too shall pass and I am not really worried about it.

But there is ONE spot... under my pinky toe on the ball of my foot about the size of a dime where it feels like there is a piece of lint or something under my foot. Started driving me crazy this morning. I kept pulling off my socks and checking them...nothing. Then I got mad and went and got a new pair of socks. Same issue. Then I walked across the room bare footed and realized it was not the socks! There is one itty bitty spot on one foot where i have feeling.

H2B no longer looks at me like I am crazy when I start going nuts over the weird things happening to my body. He simply gets up and goes in the kitchen to find me some chocolate. He's a good man.

SallyC 09-29-2009 06:30 PM

At first I thought this was another Sock story, brought to us by AMN..:D

I am so sorry you are weirded out by a live spot under your little toe *trying to keep from giggling here*:p...but if you have any questions about what kind of socks you should wear, talk to AMN.....she knows all..:cool:

karousel 09-29-2009 08:24 PM

Geez that has got to be annoying. I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now and that little spot is just making it worse. (((hugs)))

TwoKidsTwoCats 09-29-2009 09:14 PM

It is an annoyance. I call it the cotton ball stuck between my toes feeling. Nothing makes it go away, but I can trick it for a bit with ice or sometimes Bengay.

I hope the numb from waist down clears up for you soon. That is no fun either.:( I had that happen on my left side only eons ago.

kicker 09-30-2009 06:34 AM

Try chanting and lighting candles. 8-)

No, really, while never numb, can't walk, yet on right foot (my "good" side), feels like small 1/4 ball/growth/protrusion on ball of foot where I rest on leg rest. But there's nothing. Drives me crazy.

kicker 09-30-2009 06:34 AM

Like crazy was far away.

legzzalot 09-30-2009 08:23 AM

HA HA I chant and light candles every day! it's true I have an obsession with good smelly candles. I counted the other day as I was lighting them. There are 12 candles in my living/ dining room area and 3 tart burners. All of which get lit almost everyday. H2B says I am romancing myself. he chanting normally consists of "little girl it is bed time, get in your bed" We have to repeat this chant at least 7 times a night. Then in the morning we have to do the get out of bed chant. Oh and then there is the mid-day ouch ouch ouch chant that I do each time I attemot to walk across the living room floor without pulling on my stitches. It's not very theraputic... but my house smells good. :D

Twinkletoes 10-01-2009 07:10 PM

Well, Legzz, maybe pretty soon it will be the other way around, so that you have feeling everywhere except maybe just a little spot. :hug:

DizzyLizzy 10-01-2009 09:42 PM

Your post really cracked me up, as it pretty much mimicks banter that goes on in my life every day! :ROTFLMAO: I've been numb from my hips to my toes in varying degrees for the last 3 1/2 years (toes 90% numb 100% of the time) anyways.....last week I had the intense sensation that the toes on my left foot were curled under, like I was walking on them! It didn't hurt at all, but I was absolutely positive that they were curled under my feet. I took my shoe & sock off so many times making sure my toes weren't squooshed - that I ended up just taking my shoes and socks off all together so all I had to do was 'glance' down at my feet to verify! My DH isn't even the least bit impressed by the weird feelings I have anymore....his standard reply is "Oooookay"... and then makes his eyebrows contort in some very strange positions! :)

When I woke up the next morning with the same sensation, I just threw on my flip flops instead of loafers so I wouldn't be so distracted!

P.S. - My DH of course is a good man...... but if he gets up, he just simply goes in the kitchen to get some chocolate for himself!!! :thud: