NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Pulse of 108. (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/116111-pulse-108-a.html)

tysondouglass 03-06-2010 03:13 AM

Pulse of 108.

Right now, I've been laying in bed fr
about an hour and I've realized how fast my pulse is. I took it, and it continually beats around 108-106 beats per minute.

My breathing is a little
shallow-yet not due to the mg I don't think... And I've had chest pains 2 times today.

My reg. Doc is getting me an echocardiogram and a stress test. Yet I'm not sure if it's going to be soon enough.

Any ideas are well appreciated!

alice md 03-06-2010 03:42 AM

chest pain and rapid pusle.

(should be pulse)

I think you should go to the ER.

a good ER doctor should be able to do the right tests, consult the right people and find out what is going on.

there are too many things that can cause such symptoms. some of which may require urgent or semi-urgent care, and I don't think any one can give you serious advice on an internet forum, or even on the phone.

alice

Stellatum 03-06-2010 08:11 AM

Please let us know what happens! I'm sorry you have this new worry on top of everything else.

tysondouglass 03-06-2010 09:09 AM

I just tried to go to sleep....I know i should have gone to the ER. If it happens again tonight, i will go, or i will text my doctor today telling her my pulse was that high.

Thanks

Joanmarie63 03-06-2010 09:23 AM

Tyson,

I understand as mine was 120 the other day, than went back to normal. My Dr. will see me Monday and set up a stress test as well.

My husband and I laugh and wonder how that will go because with MG we both know I won't be able to do much..LOL

Keep us updated kiddo!

AnnieB3 03-06-2010 10:04 AM

Tyson, What is your "normal" pulse? Do you know? 108 is very high. When my pulse was stuck that high and into the 110's, I had clostridium difficile (an infection). My normal is in the 60's. (Lizzie, I bolded that so you know it's not bradycardia, though I have that sometimes due to fluid issues.) I'm not saying that is what you have but that it is not normal, like everyone else here has said.

It doesn't matter if it is not happening at this very minute. It happened. What if it happens when you are sleeping? It's actually a 911 situation, not a wait and see one.

I hope your docs, ER or regular, can figure all this out.

Annie

Maxwell'sMom 03-06-2010 10:20 AM

Hi, it's me again, I really hate that it seems like I'm being disagreeable, but, a heart rate of a 108, isn't as bad as some here are saying.
A normal heart rate for a teenager can be anywhere from 80 to 100. It really depends on what your normal heart rate is.
Again, write this down, discuss this with your doctor.
Annie, a heart rate of 60 is low, for your age, and medical conditions.
I've had a heart condition since my 20's, and have had to see a cardio every 6 to 12 weeks ever since. So, I guess you could say, I have a lot of experience in understanding this kind of stuff, but you need to write this down, so you don't forget,and talk with your doctor.
You will get good information if you go to the American Heart Association's web site.
Love Lizzie

AnnieB3 03-06-2010 10:34 AM

I have to add this, not be contrary, Lizzie. I did ask what Tyson's normal was. None of what he is experiencing lately sounds normal.

My pulse has always been in the 60's. I know my normal. So do my docs. That's why knowing your normal BP/pulse is one essential thing about your health to be aware of.

I have S-loads of experience too, Lizzie, but we can't possibly know Tyson's situation completely. I'm erring on the side of caution - don't want you to have a heart attack, Tyson.

Maxwell'sMom 03-06-2010 10:38 AM

I'm so glad you are understanding what I've been saying. Only ones doctor knows ones medical issues.
I just didn't want him being worried that 108 was off the charts.
Lizzie

tysondouglass 03-06-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxwell'sMom (Post 629460)
I'm so glad you are understanding what I've been saying. Only ones doctor knows ones medical issues.
I just didn't want him being worried that 108 was off the charts.
Lizzie

Guys I dont wanna cause a fight here:) Yet, i just did my heart rate and it was 98. Usually at night it gets really high, and i can feel it all throughout my body, then i have intermittent heart pains.

So i dont think this is normal maxwells mom- sorry, but im def. not getting all worried and stuff, but i jut want to not be in pain, or have to worry about waking up in the morning:) A kid at the age of 17, shouldnt have to deal w a stress test or an echocardiogram. Yet i am, and im glad its gonna happen, because i want to feel better.

Yet i dont think 108, is okay for a teenager, AT REST.

Even alice says so.