NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   ampyra and insurance (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/122311-ampyra-insurance.html)

barb02 05-17-2010 11:15 AM

ampyra and insurance

I just heard from my neuro's office and my insurance will completely cover ampyra. So now they are going to fax me the form to sign and I will begin the process.

Debbie D 05-17-2010 04:38 PM

That's great to hear, Barb...

Debbie D 05-22-2010 08:40 AM

Yahoo!! Got a call from the coordinator-my insurance approved Ampyra, and I'll pay $40/month. I should get the call shortly from the insurance company. Hope it helps...my legs have been bad children lately...

barb02 06-02-2010 11:48 AM

Called the ampyra toll free number and they said my insurance declined the request for it. the nurse told me two weeks ago that when she contacted the insurance company it would be covered 100% So I guess now my doctor has to appeal it. I know he is on vacation so I suppose I will be waiting for a few more weeks to get an answer. This is so frustrating!

SallyC 06-02-2010 01:31 PM

That stinks, Barb...I hate Ins. Cos.:mad:

Bannet 06-02-2010 07:42 PM

Hi Barb. Hi Debbie. I'm getting ready to start Ampyra shortly myself.

unfortunately my copay will be $336.65 a month and will not be able to afford that so I was given a number for Ampyra which has a patient assistance program. I talked with them today (I have been waiting 9 weeks for the medication) they asked alot of questions and said they will talk to a caseworker and get back to me as soon as they can.

If i'm approved the most I will have to pay is $40/month but she said most likely it will be free.

I'm anxious to start it since my mobility has been decreasing for the last couple of years but also nervous.

Good luck to you. We will have to keep each other posted on our progress.

God Bless

Beth:D

Debbie D 06-03-2010 11:45 AM

Barb, don't give up...see if one of your doc's associates will fight for you. You deserve to have it.

I told my neuro on Tuesday that the Ampyra wasn't helping. Lo and behold I noticed yesterday that I wasn't quite as stiff and was able to pick up my right leg a bit better. Same thing today. I actually went down the stairs one at a time like a grownup and not a toddler!! So maybe it took a week, but I am going to chart my progress and let him know when I see him next week.

barb02 06-03-2010 01:50 PM

Debbie, Hope it continues to help you. Any side effects? Did you start out with one pill? Or are you taking both?

SandyC 06-03-2010 02:25 PM

Good luck to all of you! I wish Jim could try this new drug but we've been told it's not for him. But I am so happy for all of you!!!!

EddieF 06-03-2010 03:21 PM

Hey Sandy whats the reason given? Co. told me they have all but the last bit of paperwork done (my dr has to sign 1 more form) and i'm good to go. Is it that he cant walk? I had my dr write it and im a paraplegic. I said whats the diff if its pushing a wheelchair for 50' or walking 50'? He agreed.