NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Counting the days 'til DBS (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/28558-counting-days-til-dbs.html)

Jim091866 09-21-2007 10:39 PM

Counting the days 'til DBS

I am now eagerly counting the days until I have DBS, Oct. 8th. Had PD for 11 yrs now and it's time. I'll be sure to post here to let ya'll know how it goes. I've been a member here for a while now and greatly appreciate the support and friends that I have found. In case anyone is interested I live in Sanford, Florida which is just north of Orlando. My surgery will be done at Central Florida Regional. I initially was insistant on going to Shands but the surgeon I was referred to came from the Cleveland Clinic and is the head of the new(5 yrs old) brain/neuro center here. The big HUGE factor is that this is only 5 miles from my house! So I'm hoping all goes well.

Get this, when I sign up before Oct 10th I get NFL pkg for free and wireless internet. But what's a pop-up blocker?:eek:

aftermathman 09-22-2007 01:58 AM

Jim,

a pop up blocker prevents new windows from automatically opening when you visit a website. These new windows are typically advertising and/or chain to other windows creating a loop. A pop up blocker is good.

Good luck with the DBS, there are a lot of people who have been there and got the T-shirt for DBS on this site.

Neil.

chasmo 09-22-2007 02:35 AM

Jim, good luck with your DBS!!

Being trained at Cleveland clinic is a plus.
I have a DBS support group on Yahoo:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DBSsurgery/

lots of info, support and nice people there.

Interestingly enough, my wife is a native of Sanford. Her Mom, Sally, was the assistant tax collector for many years there. We used to go watch the Blue Angels at the then Sanford Naval Airstation and went to the Drag Races at Spruce Creek when all it was was scrub brush and dirt roads!!

Charlie

jeanb 09-22-2007 07:26 AM

Good luck to you!

JIM

Best wishes to you. We'll all be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. Sounds like the timing and location of the surgery are ideal.

And free NFL pkg?! Woo hoo! Enjoy football season! :p

Stitcher 09-22-2007 08:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tom, October 8th...not far off. Here is wishing you much success with your DBS and your programming.

Here is a angel to watch over you.
Attachment 1736

And a couple of hugs.
Attachment 1734

vlhperry 09-22-2007 10:43 AM

Hi Jim

Hope the tornados that went through Florida didn't hit your digs. I had a DBS in 2005 and it has made a tremendous difference. At first I couldn't talk and my hands were like limp noodles. It took about 9 months of programming to tweek it to the optimum performance for me.

Since then I have been able to help my oldest son out of a homeless situation in Florida. Brought him back to Minnesota, walked him over to a VoTech school and enrolled him in Truck driving classes. I have been able to see my other two sons married, one couple moved to Texas and my son is studying to be a lawyer. Other couple, my youngest son, have moved across the state to work as paramedics while my son studies science classes he will need to take to pass the medical exams and has a full scholarship offered to him to attend medical school to become a cardialogist.

I have also seen my first grandchild. The summer before my DBS surgery, I was in and out of ICU in a drug induced coma while they cleaned out my system of the toxins accumulated after 15 years of taking drugs.

Good Luck,
Vicky

jeanb 10-08-2007 08:21 PM

Let us know

Jim,

Today was the day of your DBS surgery. Be sure to let us know how you are doing. :hug:

Best wishes

Stitcher 10-08-2007 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim, hope all went as planned today!

Keep us posted when you can get to a computer.

Attachment 1792