NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Happy solstice on Monday! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/110759-happy-solstice-monday.html)

cyclelops 12-20-2009 02:20 PM

Happy solstice on Monday!

For those of you that have little sunlight at this time of year. After Monday, the days start getting longer. Hooray!

If you live in the southern hemisphere...sorry.

Kitt 12-20-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelops (Post 601777)
For those of you that have little sunlight at this time of year. After Monday, the days start getting longer. Hooray!

If you live in the southern hemisphere...sorry.

Actually the length of the days stay the same for about 10 days. Sunrise and sunset are still changing some but the daylight minutes stay the same for about that period of time. Then we start gaining actual daylight.:winky:

cyclelops 12-20-2009 02:41 PM

Now I am bummed.:(

mrsD 12-20-2009 03:21 PM

You are still correct in spirit.... This year I am going to start a bunch of seedlings. This year I feel better, am setting up my old light system, and have "homes" destined for most of the seedlings!

That always helps. The cold always slows me down... so having a project sort of defers that feeling!

Kitt 12-20-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelops (Post 601786)
Now I am bummed.:(

Oh don't be.:) It's the same in the summer when we hit the longest day. Although, it is a lot nicer in the summer:D

cyclelops 12-20-2009 05:56 PM

I will go burn my yule log and sing to Odin....or is it Thor? Eh, whatever, the darkness and cold still stinks. Perhaps there is no making good out of this climate.

cyclelops 12-20-2009 07:15 PM

I feel slightly better looking at seeds, chicken coops and chicks. (Yes I have done this before and know exactly how insane it is.)

Rrae 12-20-2009 09:04 PM

Baby chicks ALREADY ?!

You MUST be a farmboy!
I had to quit getting my horse/pet feed at the store that sold baby chicks and ducks because i never could control myself. Would inevitably bring home a couple chicks/ducks to my kids. They're so dang CUTE

But by spring they are fullgrown and POOP EVERYWHERE:icon_eek:

Has our PN forum perhaps got a bit off topic ? :Head-Spin:

I luv u guys

dahlek 12-20-2009 10:01 PM

OK Nowhere to go .....

but UP from here?
Don't know about you, but...I am almost ready for one of Mrs D's recommended light visors! Yep!
Hard to get any SUN on your head when the sky is overcast, isn't it? - j

mrsD 12-21-2009 05:20 AM

Also time to consider your Vitamin D levels. Improving them
improves pain and inflammation!

I have hardly needed my visor this year... since I increased to 4000 IU daily (except for July/August). I think my SAD was due to low D.