NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   People you would love to share a campfire with in Heaven (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/40036-people-love-share-campfire-heaven.html)

Lasgo 02-27-2008 09:07 AM

People you would love to share a campfire with in Heaven

For me - it'd be nice to sit and chat with Jesus about all those years we didn't hear about. I'd love to have Jesus, Robin Williams and Einstein all at the same campfire, grilling steaks, drinking wine and such. Jim Croce could play background music for our discussions. I'd have all my former pets keeping us company. Then, it'd be great to take a good long walk with Gandhi. After that I'd play frisbee disc golf forever - creating fantasy disc courses to my heart's imagination and worship God through the love I'd share - forever.

Isaiah 11:9 "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord." :BeamUp: Beem me up Scotty, I'm good to go!

CayoKay 02-27-2008 09:59 AM

gather 'round... I'd like to toast marshmallows with:

Sherri Tepper, Margaret Atwood, Erica Jong, Maya Angelou, Rita Mae Brown, Anne Rice, Ursula LeGuin, Melissa Scott, Patricia Cornwell, Marian Zimmer Bradley, Vonda McIntyre, and Nicola Griffith.

I think we'd have a rousing discussion.

oh, and we'll be wanting a flock of Chippendales to serve us refreshments.

SandyC 02-27-2008 12:27 PM

Jesus. I can only imagine.

Lasgo 02-27-2008 12:49 PM

CayoKay "oh, and we'll be wanting a flock of Chippendales to serve us refreshments."

Hilarious. Gotta serve somebody - haha:wink:

Goodness, I wonder how Melissa Scott would do without her blackboard though???

CayoKay 02-27-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lasgo (Post 225656)
CayoKay "oh, and we'll be wanting a flock of Chippendales to serve us refreshments."

Hilarious. Gotta serve somebody - haha:wink:

the women's version of the 72 virgin thang, I 'spose?

Quote:

Goodness, I wonder how Melissa Scott would do without her blackboard though???
not the pastor Melissa Scott {lol}, I meant the science fiction author...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Scott_%28writer%29

the vast majority of my chosen campfire-mates specialize in speculative fiction, which sometimes explores alternative spirituality.

Lasgo 02-27-2008 02:13 PM

CayoKay -

OH - THAT Melissa Scott. OK (lol). I agree with the alternative 72 virgin thing - gotta be an equal standard. Actually, whatever God has planned for us in Heaven it'll dwarf, I imagine, any of our expectations.

I do imagine heavenly bodies though, He's promised us that much and - He made us in His own image, so I also imagine sex and everything else - only, without entangled guilt and jealousy and such as we are so entwined with here. Mostly though, just all the time in the world to do and explore all those things we did not get a chance to do here.

Such as fishing or golfing with loved ones, playing with friends, watching sunsets lost and/or rainbows never seen because too much time was spent boxed up in rooms here, typing away at keyboards.

Most of all, no rush to have to do such things as there will be all the time in the universe.

sassy 02-27-2008 02:22 PM

My dad and his harmonica and my brother. I would probably miss having the others tho that still sit around the campfire here on earth with me.

Could I have both?

Lasgo 02-27-2008 02:50 PM

Sassy "Could I have both?"

Yes, absolutely :hug:

BJ 02-27-2008 10:03 PM

This is easy for me, my mom, just like the old days. We had so many things that we wanted to accomplish but never had the time. I couldn't sleep last night and was going through some things and I found a cookbook she gave me two weeks before she passed away. I have it all wrapped in plastic so it doesn't get ruined. When I open it I can almost smell the food she was making. She signed it...."My dearest BJ, try to be the best cook you can be. I know you'll be a good cook honey because you had a great teacher.

I'd like my dad and my brother to be there. I have a bazillion unanswered questions for both of them.

And Princess Di, my role model. :o

Looking4hope 02-29-2008 02:10 PM

What a sweet thread! I was sad because I couldn't think of anybody but then I decided on my best friend Layne, whom I've never met, my dear mother, and all my beloved collies and of course, Jesus.

This is making me cry.