NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   writing a Fun. Report and providing listings (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/222801-writing-fun-report-providing-listings.html)

canifindagooddr 07-10-2015 03:50 PM

writing a Fun. Report and providing listings

Does it seem like one 'knows too much' or they are 'trying too hard' when they write their function report in a manner such as:

I have had to use FMLA twice in the last three years. Both times I used three months for each incident. This seems to fulfill listing 12:5: "Repeated episodes of decompensation, each of extended duration".

Is the above too technical/professional looking to put into a Function Report?

Thank you.

Hopeless 07-10-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canifindagooddr (Post 1154141)
Does it seem like one 'knows too much' or they are 'trying too hard' when they write their function report in a manner such as:

I have had to use FMLA twice in the last three years. Both times I used three months for each incident. This seems to fulfill listing 12:5: "Repeated episodes of decompensation, each of extended duration".

Thank you.

The title of your post,........... I hope the Fun is just an abbreviation of the word functional. :winky:

Hopeless 07-10-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canifindagooddr (Post 1154141)

Thank you.

Personally, I do not think that is a good idea. I would omit the remark stating you feel it fulfills a specific listing.

canifindagooddr 07-10-2015 05:41 PM

The title of your post,........... I hope the Fun is just an abbreviation of the word functional. :winky:[/QUOTE]

It was just an ironic play on words. :p

LIT LOVE 07-10-2015 08:50 PM

I would not do it in this report. The sample I sent you is a different matter. You must have medical records that you can quote. You can diagnosis decompensation episodes, your doctor must.

Hopeless 07-10-2015 09:00 PM

I think to state that you fulfill a specific listing would be something for your attorney to address at an ALJ hearing.

canifindagooddr 07-11-2015 07:54 AM

Do you mean I 'CAN'T' . . . 'your doctor must'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 1154183)
I would not do it in this report. The sample I sent you is a different matter. You must have medical records that you can quote. You can diagnosis decompensation episodes, your doctor must.

echoes long ago 07-11-2015 09:28 AM

its not going to help for you to do that.

LIT LOVE 07-11-2015 03:46 PM

For a Listed Impairment you MUST have medical documentation to fulfill the requirements. If you look at sample I provided, she cited quotes and dates for every requirement.

canifindagooddr 07-11-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 1154362)
For a Listed Impairment you MUST have medical documentation to fulfill the requirements. If you look at sample I provided, she cited quotes and dates for every requirement.

And you do not do the above on a Function Report - correct?

Thanks!