NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Live Chat for Bald Eagles (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/44781-live-chat-bald-eagles.html)

Corkybird 05-01-2008 10:07 PM

Live Chat for Bald Eagles

I posted on the baby eagles thread too about this. Has anyone gone to the Norfolk Eagle Cam and clicked on the Live Eagle chat room?:confused:
I did tonite and wow was I in for a shock!!! :eek:
Was showing 20 in the chatroom, only about 6 talking, others marked as away.
It appeared to be a bunch of very rude teens which had been in there together before, seemed to know one another.
The LANGUAGE used was anything BUT nice!! Saying they were used to "teasing and joking with one another in the evenings". I was even told that I was "Old and old-fashioned with no sense of humor and I must have been dropped on my head when I was born!!!"
Was zero mention of anything related to the eagles nest.
When I would ask a question, I'd get smarta$$ answer, excuse my language here but it really irritated me and I just feel that it should be reported. I don't think that this is what the eagle live chat was intended for.
:rolleyes:

Marilyn

Twinkletoes 05-01-2008 10:57 PM

Grrrrrr!!! Hate it when stuff like that happens!!!

There were a bunch of teens (about 8) running around inside my office building just before we closed. They were loud and obnoxious and it seemed they would never leave. Doubt they had any real business there, just a place to get out of the cold.

When they lingered outside my open hall door, I blurted out, "Could you BE any noisier?" Finally had to just close the door.

Why in the world would teens gather at the Eagle thread to chat when there are so many other places??? :confused:

Koala77 05-01-2008 11:48 PM

I went into a chat room on another MS site which will remain nameless, on one and only one occassion, because I was treated in much the same way.

Why do some people think these rooms are set up for them, and for no-one else?

mrsD 05-02-2008 06:08 AM

I've been to the chat 3 times...

First time:
It was in the day, early on, when the first eggs were laid. I spoke with a
fan who was at work, and watching on the side. He was really nice. A couple of people came in and then left.

second time: was early in the incubation for this egg, and there were some
people in there who knew each other, and just talked to each other.
About their pets, etc. They ignored others, I read for a while, and left.

3rd time: It was this past Sunday, and we were all eager for the egg to hatch.
But they did discuss the trolls who were showing up. I guess there is no
moderation there, but someone did say that something was done about the
bad behavior that happened before Sunday.

I guess like many internet places, troublemakers will show up eventually. :rolleyes:

Corkybird 05-02-2008 09:32 PM

Now their rules have been changed

Mrs D, and everyone else....they must have changed things overnite as today it says that you must "sign up for membership" in order to enter. LOLOL
I just know that I'm not signing up for rudeness and that's what I witnessed there.
Others here can surely keep us more up to date with our little eaglets and other such birds that we so dearly love.

We had an oriole on our feeder here in backyard Ohio today. Was only there for maybe one minute, but at least we know they're back in the area.

Hugaroos to everyone!
:grouphug:

Marilyn