NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Thanks Sandy and Jim (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/46907-thanks-sandy-jim.html)

jmiller 05-31-2008 09:47 AM

Thanks Sandy and Jim

Just had to give my thanks to you guys for helping me make the decision of joining the P.V.A. They were the only people that new how to use that VA grant for the adaptive housing.

So after a few months of trying to get a loan approved, from a mortgage broker and then denied, for a house to be built, the P.V.A. came through. We got approved for a loan going through contacts from the the PVA and the rate was better too.

Now we just have the 3 bids to submit to the VA for approval, and hopefully start building by August. Barring any major hurricanes or natural disasters here, we should be moving in by December.

Once again thanks.

CayoKay 05-31-2008 10:32 AM

that's great to hear, ol' J Miller !!

hope everything goes according to plan.

and we're hoping for a slow hurricane season as well.

but just in case:

we started building our emergency hurricane shelter a couple of days ago.

:D

weegot5kiz 05-31-2008 11:09 AM

congrats J rememeber no duct tape, ok not a lot

Twinkletoes 05-31-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegot5kiz (Post 290441)
congrats J rememeber no duct tape, ok not a lot

Good one, Frank! Heheheh!

That's great, jmiller?

Just wondering: who untied you from Momma's tree? :p

CayoKay 05-31-2008 11:41 AM

I did, I must confess.

I talk a good authoritarian-disciplinarian LINE, but then, late at night, I could hear his pitiful yowls, and I sneaked out there, and released the poor dear.

I'm such a soft-hearted liberal, lol !!

besides, I couldn't SLEEP for all the noise.

:p

NaeNae 05-31-2008 12:50 PM

Sandy and Jim need a special hero award I tell ya! Love you guys!

CayoKay 05-31-2008 01:20 PM

ooops!

thanks for reminding me, NaeNae... this thread is about SANDY and JIM, and how helpful they are to thos of us here on this board, and to others in real life....

I just wanna say to that, a BIG ol' AMEN !!

Sandy's one of my favorite people here, always willing to lend an ear, and support, and (most especially!) some DARN GOOD advice, garnered from many years of helping her husband deal with this fun joyride we call MS.

Sandy handles all the difficulties with her mom's illness, and life's problems, with grace, panache, and a smile.

plus, she's FUNNY as all heck when she gets in a mood.

so, THREE CHEERS FOR our SANDY !!!

jmiller 05-31-2008 04:04 PM

Yes thanks everyone, but especially Sandy and Jim.

Thanks too for letting me down from the tree Cay so I can watch the Tropics. Let the storms begin!

SandyC 05-31-2008 05:06 PM

I am so happy it's working out for you!!!! The PVA is a great organization and they really look after their vets. If you don't mind me asking, who is your PVA guy down in Florida? Our long time friend who was in charge of the Hines PVA transferred to Florida. He was one of the best PVA reps we ever met.

Now, when the bid gets approved grab a hold of that tree because it's going to be one heck of a ride. haha!

jmiller 05-31-2008 05:37 PM

A guy by the name of Tommy Lovett. Im used to rides, the bumpier the better. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here. Thanks again.