NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Mentally exhausted (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/163166-mentally-exhausted.html)

Blessings2You 01-10-2012 03:01 PM

Mentally exhausted

Yes, I'm sleepy and yes, I'm physically tired, but I'm very frustrated at how tired I get mentally just dealing with normal life!

It's like looking at a steep hiking trail in 90-degree weather, and thinking "I just can't do it." I look at the day to day organizing and making arrangements and figuring out how things are all going to come together, and I just. can't. do it.

Not every day, but too often. Like today. I just want to crawl under something and cry and make it all go away. Ugh.

mochagirl13 01-10-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 839791)
Yes, I'm sleepy and yes, I'm physically tired, but I'm very frustrated at how tired I get mentally just dealing with normal life!

It's like looking at a steep hiking trail in 90-degree weather, and thinking "I just can't do it." I look at the day to day organizing and making arrangements and figuring out how things are all going to come together, and I just. can't. do it.

Not every day, but too often. Like today. I just want to crawl under something and cry and make it all go away. Ugh.

I know how you feel.:(

Twinkletoes 01-10-2012 03:17 PM

((((Blessings))))

:sorry:

SallyC 01-10-2012 03:36 PM

I was just saying over in Social Chat that I'm having a case of the, After all the celebrations of the last 2 months, blues. Kinda the same?

Blessings, you need to adopt a new attitude for your every day chorelists............ FAGEDDABOUTIT, It'll be there tomorrow and if it doesn't get done, big whoop..:D:p:D

:hug::hug:

ANNagain 01-10-2012 05:50 PM

Blessings,

I won't say I know how you feel but I am certainly feeling bad about not making dinner tonight.

I still have an hour and 20 minutes before SO is home. Not feeling it.

You wrote just after 3PM. That's the witching hour for me - if I don't have supper started it usually doesn't happen.

Let me know if ya'all come up w the cure.

My best to you,
ANN

Kitty 01-10-2012 06:16 PM

I know the feeling. It's like being unmotivated times ten. I've had a few days like that recently. Didn't even feel like taking a shower.......but I did. :o But, for me, the only person impacted if I don't do something is me. I think it would be different if DH were still here.

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-10-2012 09:36 PM

B2Y, I do know exactly what you mean about that feeling of looking up at a steep hiking trail...and just being to fatigued to even think about it. But it just dawned on me that part of MY problem is the lack of sunshine the past few weeks. We've had maybe an hour or two here and there, but it is so dreary and it's starting to affect me. Come to think of it, what little sunshine we did have, I was taking a nap during that time!:o

I'm going to pull out the broad-spectrum lamp tomorrow and see if that helps any. May increase my vitamin D as well.

:grouphug:

Blessings2You 01-11-2012 07:06 AM

I feel a little better this morning, or at least a little less pitiful!

I live in Vermont--we have sunshine rationing here. :D

I think I'm going to have to be realistic and admit that I need a brain-rest every day, if not an actual sleeping nap. Now I totally KNOW that there is nothing wrong with napping. I nap a couple three times a week now. But for me realizing I need to do so every day is just another little slip down the slope. Doesn't matter if it's MS or "old age", it's another change to adjust to. Oh well.

hollym 01-11-2012 12:23 PM

I'm right there with you and I'm in my 40's. I just get mentally overwhelmed so much lately. Please let this new doctor I see next week have answers for me! If he can shed light on what is going on in our messed up brains, I will share it with you.