NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Lyme Disease, Shingles and Other Microbial Conditions (https://www.neurotalk.org/lyme-disease-shingles-and-other-microbial-conditions/)
-   -   Does your numbness get worse at night? (https://www.neurotalk.org/lyme-disease-shingles-and-other-microbial-conditions/41978-numbness-worse-night.html)

iskimud 03-24-2008 01:20 PM

Does your numbness get worse at night?

I have numbness in parts of my hands and leg. The leg goes numb at night and it wakes me up, but then it usually comes back once I start moving. The hands started the same way, but now they are numb all the time. Does the numbness caused by Lyme ever act like this (gets worse at night and wakes you up) or is numbness caused by Lyme there all the time???

iskimud 03-30-2008 10:42 PM

Does your numbness get worse at night?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iskimud (Post 243635)
I have numbness in parts of my hands and leg. The leg goes numb at night and it wakes me up, but then it usually comes back once I start moving. The hands started the same way, but now they are numb all the time. Does the numbness caused by Lyme ever act like this (gets worse at night and wakes you up) or is numbness caused by Lyme there all the time???

Surely someone on here has an answer? Yes or No, either one would be helpful, just an answer from someone that *has* been diagnosed with Lyme.

GIGI69 03-31-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iskimud (Post 247918)
Surely someone on here has an answer? Yes or No, either one would be helpful, just an answer from someone that *has* been diagnosed with Lyme.

Mine gets worse in the middle of the night. I seem to wake up feeling OK for the most part (not the case this morning). As the day progresses all of my sx worsen. I usually wake up between 2-3 with it at its worse. If I can get back to sleep I usually wake up OK.

Hope this helps.

iskimud 04-04-2008 08:41 PM

Numbness that wakes me up at night

Thanks GIGI! Well, my pain gets worse during the day, but the numbness definitely is worst in the middle of the night. My leg usually has feeling during the day, so that sounds different that you. At night it goes *completely* numb and wakes me up. Then, when I move, it gets better. So, if the pain is not bad, then I can go back to sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGI69 (Post 248082)
Mine gets worse in the middle of the night. I seem to wake up feeling OK for the most part (not the case this morning). As the day progresses all of my sx worsen. I usually wake up between 2-3 with it at its worse. If I can get back to sleep I usually wake up OK.

Hope this helps.

BlackRoze 05-12-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iskimud (Post 243635)

If i have over done my self that day yes i get numbness and also a lot of pain. It can take weeks to recover just from a hour of hard work out. But when i awake i normally cant move. In the early stages of lyme I would get like that and would awake fine the next morning. but over time it only got worse. sorry to tell you. Numbness is a big part of Lyme disease and isn't uncommon.