NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   HopeLost (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/81261-hopelost.html)

pono 03-15-2009 08:34 AM

HopeLost

reading about hope ,
trying to 'find'
but can't...
by any definition, or in the Hope many have shared

i just can't find, conjure it up

i've been trying to write, but can't find words...
all thats been, come, is now too much
I can't take it.... really can't...
too much happened past days
yesterdays 'events'
felt like the final nail...
today can't stop shaking
or calm my pounding head & heart...

each minute, second excrutiating ...
i'm so sorry ....
for so much...
but regrets don't change what is...

Curious 03-15-2009 08:46 AM

:hug:

Keep looking pono.

Hope is what brought you here today.

Hope is reaching out and someone being there.

I'm here.

Keep posting. Or I can go into chat or we can pm. Just keep reaching. :hug:

Alffe 03-15-2009 08:47 AM

(((pono))) We all have regrets in this life dear lady. I'm sorry you are is such a bad place and I pray that you will hang tough in the hopes that tomorrow will be better. We care about you...and you are not alone. :grouphug:

pono 03-15-2009 09:18 AM

i don't want to highjack this thread
tried to write elsewhere, before....
when i read & reread here...
i "hoped' someting else would come....
but all that i can feel now is HOPEless,LOST
i don't know...
pain, too much,
many regrets and so much more...

Curious 03-15-2009 09:21 AM

Pono...I can move this to it's own thread. Would you like for me to do that? We can keep our talking going.

pono 03-15-2009 09:24 AM

thanks.... maybe that would be better...
part of me wants to quit...
another part does want to talk about "it'
THANKS

Curious 03-15-2009 09:33 AM

All moved.

We all have regrets. Learning to forgive yourself. Bit by bit. We can change the past, but we can learn and make a difference in the future.

Alffe 03-15-2009 09:37 AM

"Sometimes it seems our greatest hope is that we don't understand. Because from the vantage we have when we are feeling low, the sense of the futility of life, and the apparent finality of death, can all but overwhelm us.

Far better to acknowledge that our understanding is limited, to relish the stories of faith and intuition that come to us - and wait and see! We stand so close. What if someone trying to view Michelangelo's magnificent painting "The Creation of Adam" in the Sistine Chapel got so close that all he could see was two fingertips touching? A good view, but a very small piece of the whole picture."

Healing After Loss by Martha Whitmore Hickman

pono this is an excellent book of daily meditations for working through grief...a page a day is sometimes all it takes to lift me up..or at least make me look around and wonder at the wonder of it all................:grouphug:

gardengrl 03-15-2009 10:42 AM

pono, we don't know each other but dang...your pain is sooo deep. You are so brave & extremely wise to have posted here so others more suited than I can help you! YOU along with the rest of this community have saved me, more than once, just being able to read your very personal struggles & pain & too see that soooo many people LOVE you!
My Prayers are with you dear. I wish I could help you thru...

Doody 03-15-2009 10:50 AM

(((Pono))) Fasten your seatbelt and hang on sweetie. I hate the place you're in. I think we can all relate and it hurts to see another going through it. It's such an awful place. When it happens, I have to remind myself more than once that it will pass, there will be a day of feeling better.

I'm so sorry. Just keep hanging on and do those things that make you feel better, I don't know what. Love up an animal, look at a tree, watch a good movie, just be nice to yourself. :hug: