NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Bumped my head (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/163655-bumped-head.html)

roadrunner63 01-20-2012 08:03 AM

Bumped my head

I guess the wind pushed the car door as I was getting out of my car. Cut beside my eye. It hurt bad and I felt dizzy. Someone was getting out of backseat behind me and actually grabbed my arm or I might have hit the ground.

The remainder of the day my words were more jumbled than usual, dizzy to the point of nausea. I got that so tired I have to sleep right now that I felt for so long after original injury. Not sure how I feel this morning.

JulieRN 01-20-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner63 (Post 843140)
I guess the wind pushed the car door as I was getting out of my car. Cut beside my eye. It hurt bad and I felt dizzy. Someone was getting out of backseat behind me and actually grabbed my arm or I might have hit the ground.

The remainder of the day my words were more jumbled than usual, dizzy to the point of nausea. I got that so tired I have to sleep right now that I felt for so long after original injury. Not sure how I feel this morning.

I am so sorry to hear this and I am hoping that you are feeling better...this is one of my greatest fears, that I will re-injure myself...I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer for you...:)

roadrunner63 01-21-2012 06:21 PM

This bump has definitely taken it's toll on me. Not as bad as first time around but seriously down hill from where I've been the last 6 months.

Quote:

SpaceCadet 01-21-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

I guess it's time to start investing in a helmet.

Just kidding..sorry to hear you hit your head again. It's very windy here in Las Vegas today, I'm gonna be watching for flying car doors if I decide to drive anywhere.

Be careful!

Mark in Idaho 01-21-2012 11:09 PM

roadrunner,

Been there, done that, even though I try hard to avoid it.

Bump on the head in early October took until end of November to recover.

Hope you do better.

My best to you.

Soccergal 01-21-2012 11:30 PM

That must be soooo frustrating and scary. I hope it was just a jar that only affects you for a few days. We all have to be so careful now, but we also have to live our lives... hang in there. Thinkin' of you Roadrunner.

SpaceCadet 01-22-2012 12:13 AM

I have a fear of being hit by doors. When I'm standing by a door, I always lock it so nobody can open it and nail me in the head. For some reason I'm still weary about standing by it, even if its locked and usually move out of the way.

When I get in or out of a car, I duck waaaaay down...probably more than I need to, so I don't smack my head on the top of the car.

Kitchen cabinets...those are the worse.

I peek around corners to see if someone is coming before I step out of a room...so I don't end up colliding with someone.

When I'm holding my son, he likes to jerk around and throw his head back or forward. I'm always paranoid he's gonna headbutt me and cause a jar.

Same with kids playing around me...throwing toys, kicking a ball, etc.

Basically I'm a paranoid, nervous wreck that I'm gonna get re-injured.

Mark in Idaho 01-22-2012 12:36 AM

Nick,

it sounds like you would benefit from an SSRI that helps with OCD. Your obsessions can be managed quite well with the correct SSRI. You may need help getting through the first few days.

It sounds like your anxiety feeds your obsessions which increases your anxieties.

Or, moving to a location where doors are not such an issue. That sounds like the best approach. If there are few others to storm through a door, you should be able to better manage your obsession with doors.

roadrunner63 01-27-2012 10:41 AM

Thankfully I have just finished up a job and can take time to do absolutely nothing. Hopefully this will help me get back to where I was before this last bump on the head.

Very frustrated but I know how this works so I know what I need to do and am not so worried this time around.