NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Looking for advice on my MRI (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/117564-looking-advice-mri.html)

Katielee 03-24-2010 05:23 PM

Looking for advice on my MRI

2 Attachment(s)
Hello, I am 25 years old and am so tired of this pain, my doctors kept saying its muscle thats it.. well a year later.. of the pain being in the same exact spot.. (i feel like theres a knife in between my shoulder blades all the time) I finally was able to get him to give me an mri, but i have two weeks until my appointment, and am going crazy trying to figure out what that huge mark is , because its right where my pain is.. I know i cant get a diagnosis, but am just looking for some insight... Im just so tired of hurting.

TimRo 03-26-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katielee (Post 636437)
Hello, I am 25 years old and am so tired of this pain, my doctors kept saying its muscle thats it.. well a year later.. of the pain being in the same exact spot.. (i feel like theres a knife in between my shoulder blades all the time) I finally was able to get him to give me an mri, but i have two weeks until my appointment, and am going crazy trying to figure out what that huge mark is , because its right where my pain is.. I know i cant get a diagnosis, but am just looking for some insight... Im just so tired of hurting.

Katie, sorry you have not got any responses. It is very hard for most of us to read MRI's. Yours looks like it your Thoratic area you are having issues with. Are you seeing a Neuro Surgeon or Ortho Surgeon? You may have some disc issues. Usually a knife or burning pain is from nerve compression. It can come and go or be constant. You may benefit from a steroid injection to calm the area down. I want to make sure you are clear, that I am not a doctor, and your MRI makes no sense to me. So be sure to follow up with your doc and get appropriate treatment. If you are very concerned, sometimes you can call and see if they have a cancellation and get in to see your doc earlier. I wish you the best of luck.

Tim

Leesa 03-26-2010 03:39 PM

Hi Katie ~ Hmmm, I'm usually pretty good with MRI's, but I can't make head or tail out of this one. I'm sorry. :confused:

Like Tim said, that kind of pain is usually from nerve compression, so it sounds like something is pressing on a nerve. I wish I could help you more. Best of luck and let us know how you come out. God bless. Peace, Lee

JD 03-27-2010 09:46 AM

Hi. Did you call the MRI center and get your report? Or ask them to tell you on the side what it says? It's yours, right?

It sounds like the chiropractor moved the bone enough to impinge the nerve (maybe more than it was) and it needs to be moved more--off the nerve completely.

For having cervical pain the MRIs are very clear in that area. I hope it's just the attaching them that took away clarity. (But I'm not a medical doctor, so.) Most MDs don't read the "films" anyway, but go by what the radiologist put in the report.

You know, it doesn't matter what it shows, it isn't changing anything right now. I mean, you are suffering with whatever is causing the pain, that doesn't change with an MRI. But, yes, it's good to know what might be the problem so you can attack it.

Good wishes.