NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   GGGrrrr, had a nasty day at college ! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/77520-gggrrrr-nasty-day-college.html)

BlueMajo 02-11-2009 06:11 PM

GGGrrrr, had a nasty day at college !

Blah,

I just arrived from college... I hate my classmates... I work in a lab, a biomedicine lab... and today, I had to present my project (which is about cervical cancer) and this girls (all are women :mad:) keep bothering with questions only to do that, bother... !!!!!! And at the end, they could just said "You looked very nervous" "You need to speak better" :eek: :mad:

I wanted to shout "Bring me my lyrica !!!!!!!! and my fluoxac !!!!!! !!!" :D

But oh well.... they are always very rude to me, they once stole my post-its just to make me feel sad.... gggggggrrrrrrrr

Sorry guys, needed to talk :o

PolarExpress 02-12-2009 10:53 AM

No problem..Sounds a little like Jr High all over again. Hope the rest of the week goes a lot better!

BlueMajo 02-12-2009 08:43 PM

Thanks Polar !

They are so immature.... blah. And today they were pretending to be friendly... :rolleyes:

PolarExpress 02-13-2009 05:12 AM

School doesn't last forever (not even college :))..They'll have to pick up a little maturity somewhere soon, so hang in there and concentrate on doing your best!:hug:

BlueMajo 02-13-2009 05:29 AM

Oh yeah, my doc keeps saying "forget about them, focus only in you", and he is so right, I have to enjoy my work and forget them but oh boy ! sometimes they know how to make me feel andry and depressed ! :mad:

PolarExpress 02-13-2009 06:06 AM

Just remember nobody can make you feel anything unless you let them. You can do this, just hang in there!

Kitty 02-13-2009 08:42 AM

My Mom's advice to me was always the same......"kill them with kindness".

Easier said than done sometimes but I get what she was trying to say. The more they know something bothers you the more they'll do it. It does sound pretty childish for college but it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round!

jprinz99 02-17-2009 07:42 AM

I got a great tip from a collegue (my mentor) for when other people try to take over or try to derail me.

Every time they interject a comment say "That's very interesting, thank you. Now back to my topic" (and then go right back to your next statement/sentence, etc). You end up essentially cutting them off without getting flustered and still sound professional. It makes them shut up (after you have done this a few times) as they are getting no satisfaction/fun out of making you have a melt down.

In other words: when somebody wants to you get into a contest of tug of war, don't pick up your end of the rope;)

BlueMajo 02-17-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 465138)
Just remember nobody can make you feel anything unless you let them. You can do this, just hang in there!

So, true !!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 465173)
My Mom's advice to me was always the same......"kill them with kindness".

Oh !!!! Loved that !!!! The worst I could do is to act rude like them, so, better kill them with kindness !!! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprinz99 (Post 466947)
I got a great tip from a collegue (my mentor) for when other people try to take over or try to derail me.

Every time they interject a comment say "That's very interesting, thank you. Now back to my topic" (and then go right back to your next statement/sentence, etc). You end up essentially cutting them off without getting flustered and still sound professional. It makes them shut up (after you have done this a few times) as they are getting no satisfaction/fun out of making you have a melt down.

In other words: when somebody wants to you get into a contest of tug of war, don't pick up your end of the rope;)

Lord, simply loved that.... !!!! :winky: Will use that definetely next time !!!