NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   More weird sensations! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/121802-weird-sensations.html)

Megan 05-10-2010 05:32 AM

More weird sensations!

It's been awhile since I posted and things are coming along 'nicely' - NOT!

The negative 'not-so-nicely' things that are happening are increasing foot symptoms. Initially my neuropathic pain (as some of you may recall) was in my lower legs (from knees down) and other 'patchy' areas of thighs, buttocks and trunk but seemed to continuously defy the more traditionally affected area of my feet....however that seems to be changing.

Apart from gradually increased amounts of burning pain in both feet, I am having an area on my left sole which feels 'wet' most of the time - like as if my sock is wet, yet it isn't! The other strange sensation is where I feel on my right foot that my toes are crossing over each other as I walk, but they aren't! So weird!! I'm almost embarrassed to write this. Anyone would think this was crazy, yet the addition of autonomic neuropathic symptoms (outside of any psyche control) & confirmatory testing makes me realise that whatever is happening is progressive and not in my imagination!

Anyone else had the 'wet' foot feeling and/or the 'toe crossing' sensation? Pleeease let me not be the only one!!!!!

lesley21 05-12-2010 05:56 AM

Hi Megan, sorry you are having more troubles. I don't really have a toe crossing sensation, my toes feel more like I have a band around them or they are super glued together, I also wonder if this is what a duck feels like having webbed feet, This is definitely not your imagination and I hope that this will improve for you soon. And you are not crazy. All the Best, Lesley :circlelove:

cyclelops 05-12-2010 08:55 AM

I have the crossing toes thing. I have had this ALL my life, along with RLS, which makes me somewhat leery that my PN is NOT hereditary?? I think I have been blessed with several diseases that cause PN.

I call those weird toe crossing things, 'Toe Cramps'. Several of my kids get them too. Mine have been so bad as to cause me to suddenly have to stop what ever I am doing and grab my feet and try to massage them out.

Wierd feelings are called paresthesias (par-is-theezsh-zhaas). Kind of looks like Icelandic language, lol.

You are not weird....you have PN.

JoanB 05-14-2010 07:05 AM

I have the crossed toes feeling too. And sometimes the feeling that something is stuck to the bottom of my foot.

cyclelops 05-14-2010 10:15 AM

If I rest my feet on the chair base....it feels like it is still there for a long time afterwards. I don't rule out any symptoms with PN.

flsun01 05-18-2010 08:20 AM

same here

Oh yea... I have experienced water splashing on my legs and invisible raindrops. It's been a while since any of that but you are not imagining things.

rscowboy2005 05-19-2010 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Megan;653162]

! The other strange sensation is where I feel on my right foot that my toes are crossing over each other as I walk, but they aren't!

*** When I am without shoes (anytime I'm at home) and my toes run free, I get sensations like the toe is breaking off right where it meets the foot. I have also begun to have sharp stabbing pains -- I mean SHARP -- between my toes. It is like someone is sticking a needle in there. In and out. Real quick, but I wince at least half the time and sometimes an involuntary moan. Talk about embarrassing...

Cowboy

Debay95 02-21-2012 06:16 AM

Heyy I am 18 years old and I have been having this problem since I can remember, in times it gets really sever what I try to do is put my mind on something els witch is very difficult at times. Due to the fact that it mostly happens to me at nite time it brings me insomnia also dose anyone know if this is a product of OCD??

ipp6 02-06-2013 03:32 PM

super glue feeling

Hi I just saw your post.. it's now 2013..
hope you are doing ok!

I also experience weird sensation on both my feet.. like a layer of super glue and tightness that's worse when I flex them.. I also experience numbness in between toes. It's the weirdest sensation weird.. I just want my normal feet back :(

keepingfaith 02-06-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan (Post 653162)
It's been awhile since I posted and things are coming along 'nicely' - NOT!

The negative 'not-so-nicely' things that are happening are increasing foot symptoms. Initially my neuropathic pain (as some of you may recall) was in my lower legs (from knees down) and other 'patchy' areas of thighs, buttocks and trunk but seemed to continuously defy the more traditionally affected area of my feet....however that seems to be changing.

Apart from gradually increased amounts of burning pain in both feet, I am having an area on my left sole which feels 'wet' most of the time - like as if my sock is wet, yet it isn't! The other strange sensation is where I feel on my right foot that my toes are crossing over each other as I walk, but they aren't! So weird!! I'm almost embarrassed to write this. Anyone would think this was crazy, yet the addition of autonomic neuropathic symptoms (outside of any psyche control) & confirmatory testing makes me realise that whatever is happening is progressive and not in my imagination!

Anyone else had the 'wet' foot feeling and/or the 'toe crossing' sensation? Pleeease let me not be the only one!!!!!

Your not the only one!!! I have both.