NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Dopavite (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/41999-dopavite.html)

Muireann 03-24-2008 05:37 PM

Dopavite

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if any of you have had success with Dopavite? I was dx'd with PD in 2003. For the past five years I have been medicated with Selegiline (Eldypryl), and Stilnoct and more recently with Mirapexin, to the max dose. Since early Jan 2008 I have been off all PD drugs.

I took Dopavite for the past number of years and continue to take it. I am doing very well, particularly since I got off the PD drugs.

My initial dx of PD was made by clinical exam and verified by DaTScan on two occasions, the second one showed progression to the other side of my brain.

I am not totally symptom free yet, but I am greatly improved and leading an essentially normal life now.

Muireann

rd42 03-24-2008 07:10 PM

I hope this isn't spam or an advertisement, if not, welcome to the forum.

Dopavite certainly sounds interesting, but there doesn't appear to be much info out there on it.

Sounds exciting.

rd42 03-24-2008 07:41 PM

Quote from the post
I'd like to share the following Information about dopavite: I stopped taking dopavite. Initially it seemed to help, but lost its effectiveness in the following months.

paula_w 03-24-2008 07:51 PM

Here's a debate over it on an NPF forum. I recognize that bold typing from somewhere.....

http://forum.parkinson.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3679

paula

RLSmi 03-24-2008 11:13 PM

I agree with you, Paula, that the bold type, as well as the tendency of "anonymous" to be somewhat haughtily argumentative, is really familiar. I think KB is still around, and is pushing his nutrient mixture of the raw materials for DOPA synthesis. As I recall, he is convinced that the dopamine neurons in the SNpc are not dead, but only sick in PD, and what is needed is dietary supplementation with the substrates and co-factors involved in its synthesis in the body. Don't we wish?!!!
Robert

Muireann 03-25-2008 05:33 AM

re: dopavite

Hi everyone,

Muireann here again. I used to post under the pseudonym of shakebuddy on Braintalk. I have changed my name here to a more gender friendly 'female' name.

I have no commercial interest in Dopavite. I am simply a person who has lived with the suffering that goes with a dx of PD for five years, symptomatic for two years prior to that - so a total of seven years of the medical merry go round that accompanies this illness.

I went through my own personal hell with this disease and the battle isn't over yet. All I can say, is that I'm closer to being cured of it than anyone else I know with it at the moment.

Given that you all have this goal in mind for yourselves, and because I have personally benefited from the care and wisdom of several good people on this forum and Braintalk, I thought you might like to hear how I am doing, and see if you can benefit yourselves.

Since I know that others on the forum started taking this product around the same time as myself, I am interested in knowing if anyone else stuck with it. I had many moments when I struggled with the decision to go all out for more drug therapy so it has been a very bumpy ride for me. My life went completely on hold for those four years.

I am only too well aware of the acrimonious debates that have gone on over Dopavite across the web, on Braintalk, Wikipedia, NPL, etc. I am not interested in getting stuck in the middle of personal enmity between any parties to this debate. I am simply here to say how I am doing, share knowledge and encourage anyone in the direction of better health, if that is possible.

I took a very holistic approach to my own problems in the past few years, and so far it has paid off, with many ups and downs along the way.

I wish you all good health and contentment.

Sincerely,

Muireann

imark3000 03-25-2008 07:37 AM

NAC and Whey

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLSmi (Post 244022)
I agree with you, Paula, that the bold type, as well as the tendency of "anonymous" to be somewhat haughtily argumentative, is really familiar. I think KB is still around, and is pushing his nutrient mixture of the raw materials for DOPA synthesis. As I recall, he is convinced that the dopamine neurons in the SNpc are not dead, but only sick in PD, and what is needed is dietary supplementation with the substrates and co-factors involved in its synthesis in the body. Don't we wish?!!!
Robert

I take NAC and Whey based on much research that they halp retard PD progress. The theory is they provide the amino acids which cross BBB and help synthesis of dopamine in the Brain. May be it is wishful thinking :confused: ????

reverett123 03-25-2008 07:57 AM

Precursors

This is something I have been wondering about for some time. As best I can tell there has not been a lot of research done on such an obvious subject as simply providing the amino acids needed. Anyone know more?

Quote:

Robert

reverett123 03-25-2008 08:04 AM

If not him then his twin brother

You would think he would change his style from time to time. :)

Quote:

Robert

Muireann 03-25-2008 08:12 AM

Could you guys possibly have a conversation with 'me', as opposed to discussing a third party and deviating from the substance of my post?:(