NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   old newbie with pd (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/32320-newbie-pd.html)

Virg 11-16-2007 01:07 PM

old newbie/ test post

I am a member but never posted...don't know if I can being on webtv, not computer. So this is a test as hard for me to type account PD. My name is Virg, I'm 81 (WWII vet). Hello to all!

jcitron 11-16-2007 03:11 PM

Hi Virg,

Welcome to Neuro Talk. You made it in fine.

Good luck,

John

stevem53 11-16-2007 03:24 PM

Hi Verg!..Welcome..Pull up a chair and join us

Virginia Therese 11-16-2007 05:35 PM

Welcome, Virg

It's nice to have you here, Virg. I, too, have webtv...I THINK I've been the only one here at NeuroTalk that uses the webtv...now, you and I have a common bond! I've told the others, here, that it's not always possible with webtv to do EVERYTHING that they are able to do with their computers but, for the most part, Virg, you and I will "keep up"! We even have a computer, here, yet I "cling" to my beloved webtv!

Again, welcome, Virg....

Therese

Virg 11-16-2007 07:10 PM

Virg

Thank you so much for your welcome.Had a reply half-typed when someone came and I lost it.Am doing poorly so will have to write another time.A little about myself: am 81, no family, dxd 2 plus yrs ago. Tough time with meds.and sleep. Live in St. Louis County, Mo. Have heavy tremors, shaking, must close for now. Some wonderful and intelligent people here. Thanks again. Virg (Virgil)

aftermathman 11-16-2007 08:47 PM

blimey, 81 and still on top of technology ...

congratulations. I struggled at 41 to stay in touch.

Welcome,
Neil.

ol'cs 11-17-2007 01:59 AM

Welcomen Virg....

This cyber-respite sometimes feels a bit odd because we have so many different types of people here, but make no mistake about it, this place is like a hunting cabin deep in the wintry woods, far from intrusion by "those who can't understand". We have young and old, men and women, carepartners and PWP, family and friends. It doesn't matter if you are agnostic or ultra-religious, what color your skin is, marital status, sexual orientation Rich or poor, a thief or a saint, etc, etc.
Here, we all share the ravages of a terrible disease. Some are just out of the gates, some are ready to leave us, some are bitter, right nasty at times; some are optimistic, loving and gentle. You need not look to far to see who is who, for we all share a common destiny; one which molds us , transforms us, changes us by slight amounts or by giant steps, every day.
Our prescence in front of this hearth is universal. Understand that we are here to help and not hinder and you will benefit from being here. Whatever our differences, we can always have something to learn and share about our commonalities. cs