NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Post OP 3 1/2 weeks from Cervical Spondylosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/6334-post-op-3-1-2-weeks-cervical-spondylosis.html)

buckwheat 11-14-2006 11:04 PM

Post OP 3 1/2 weeks from Cervical Spondylosis

Just Updating

ATallOne 11-15-2006 03:38 AM

Yeaaa!

Roz, I wish I could have been there to assist with the surgery but maybe another time. I'm also great at preparing the jello (color of your choice, Ada wants blue) and I have great bedside manners. :D Seriously, I am thrilled you are better and everything went well. Big hugs to you!!!!

Chin Up!

Mark :)

artist 11-15-2006 07:58 AM

Hi Roz,

Heavens,I didn't realize you were having this done; I'm so sorry, I should read the posts more closely...anyway, I'm so glad it all went well, I'm really sad I wasn't there for you (slaps myself on head).

Cervical spondylosis is what I was diagnosed with earlier this year, and spinal stenosis. I've been wondering what happens as the osteo causes the spurs to impinge on vital bits... what happened to you? I have it in C4-C6, C6 being the one most likely to cause problems soon, maybe.

This is one of those horrible dilemmas for me, I want to know more about it all but at the same time I accuse myself of being the worst cyberchondriac - I read about it and hey, I've got it! And I'm a coward anyway.

There I go again talking about me...I really would like to know how it progressed with you, from diagnosis to the surgery. No rush, and PM me if you'd rather, whenever...

Well, yes, very glad you're OK, so good to have you back with us properly, thanks for the links you post, they're always worth reading, I can always see what's in the back of your mind with them.

Take it easy now, look after yourself, :)
xxx all the best

Diamond Lil 11-15-2006 10:15 AM

Roz: I am really happy to here that your surgery went well. Now is the time to pamper yourself and let yourself heal properly. You deserve a good rest after all you have been through. I'm sending good thoughts your way!
Regards, Lil

buckwheat 11-15-2006 01:55 PM

Just Updating

buckwheat 11-15-2006 02:44 PM

Just Updating

buckwheat 11-15-2006 02:48 PM

Just Updating

artist 11-15-2006 09:35 PM

Thanks, Roz,

Yeuccch - your neck bone moved?? your neck bone moved?? your neck bone moved?? :eek:

OMG..pretty major, then, I'm even more relieved for you..and you're not alone in being a chicken. Let's hear it for the chickens of the world!

Thanks very much for your detailed reply, now I see it. They've removed the spurs and opened up the area for the spinal cord to pass through, then reinforced it. Sounds like it should do the trick - long as you let it heal right :)

I try to be very careful with falls - having vertigo *still* doesn't help - and as you know, the fall that broke my arm (and ribs) effectively broke my health - I'd really had very few problems before, never broken anything either. Can't account for other people's movements, though, can you? Factor X!!

But I agree it's the No. 1 thing we've got to try to guard against. Well, you energizer bunny, you, you'll just *have* to take it easy...you need that neck, you know, got all those brains sitting on top of it.

Rest up, no looking over your shoulder, eyes forward!! Get well soon,
xx all the best.