NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Any Sherlock Holmes' Fans out there? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/49973-sherlock-holmes-fans.html)

Earl 07-14-2008 11:03 PM

Any Sherlock Holmes' Fans out there?

I have a mystery to solve. Our neighborhood is a good one with family homes. Saturday I was doing some things in our front yard and saw two suburbans I had not seen before in front of the house three doors down. I little while later I saw three of the five members of the family get into them and drive away with some middle aged men driving.

Today, One suburban came back and I saw the driver and passenger get out, go up to the house, unlock the door and enter, about an hour they came back out and loaded a box in the truck and pulled away.....Hmmm. I did call the police to ask if it was a break in or something, the cops had a lt. call me back and he said they checked it out and all was ok, I shouldn't be concerned.

I know the family, nice family. Husband is a journalist, wife a nurse at the hospital. I called the hospital and they said he was not working right now, they didn't know when she would be back on schedule.

Laura (DW) went down today to get the mail when the mail lady was delivering, noticed their box has the name taken off of it. (our boxes lock but names are on papers inside of them)

Where are our friends? What's going on.

-Earl

P.S. the phone goes to a generic voicemail.

Koala77 07-14-2008 11:08 PM

Could it be as simple as they defaulted on their mortgage and the home has gone into receivership?

Twinkletoes 07-14-2008 11:19 PM

There's gotta be a dead body somewhere, Earl.

Reminds me of "Rear Window." :D

Maybe you could remove your ankle bracelet and knock. If they answer, borrow a cuppa sugar.

Koala77 07-14-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 323831)
...Reminds me of "Rear Window." :D..

Reminds me of Twink's cookies (or was that cake) on the back door step! :D

What a mystery that one was.........:wink:

Earl 07-14-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 323825)
Could it be as simple as they defaulted on their mortgage and the home has gone into receivership?

It could be, but we had scheduled to have dinner at our place on Friday. And for her not to be at work on the schedule??? strange, the phone thing also concerns me. these people are totally normal people. Last time I saw him he said hi and see you next week (referring to our dinner) ...

Plus, no notices on their door saying reposessed or anything like that.

suzyqz_2007 07-15-2008 12:42 AM

suburbans....possibly plain clothes detectives?...who were the 3 members of the family? children? husband and wife and a child? maybe something involving the law, witness protection maybe? husband is a journalist...could be he came across something he shouldn't have or has information about exposing someone who's corrupt...how big was the box? they could have come back to get a computer for evidence.
hmmmmmmmmm now you've got me curious lol keep us posted!

weegot5kiz 07-15-2008 01:52 AM

sure sounds like someone open pandoras box and is being protected

PolarExpress 07-15-2008 04:16 AM

Wow..This sounds so Men In Black..
I'm pretty sure they don't send Suburbans for you if your home is foreclosed on. Usually just the sheriff to toss you out on the street with your stuff. Is it this Friday you're scheduled for dinner? Maybe they'll show up. Definately a mystery!

soxmom 07-15-2008 06:36 AM

Maybe they are ex mafia....and are in the witness protection program and
have to change location immediatly. just a thought. .....hmmmmmmm????

Koala77 07-15-2008 11:49 PM

Hey Earl. What about an update!

We've all got hundreds of scenarios running through our minds now, and you calmly go off to do your chores and forget about us?

How fair is that? Huh? :confused: