NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   update.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/147993-update.html)

lissabla39 04-06-2011 09:12 AM

update....

well, I posted last weds that I had an appt at my local ss office. Was told that I was approved for ssi and ssdi and that he would release my 1st ssi back payment that day.
Well, I went to my mailbox today, and there it was!!!!:D in its blue envelope.....just looking at me!!! so......if anyone is wondering, it took me exactly 7 days, 4 buisness days to get my ssi 1st backpay(snail mail) after talking to the office!!!!
I really hope this makes someones wait just a little more bearable!!!!!

Shellback 04-06-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissabla39 (Post 759629)
well, I posted last weds that I had an appt at my local ss office. Was told that I was approved for ssi and ssdi and that he would release my 1st ssi back payment that day.
Well, I went to my mailbox today, and there it was!!!!:D in its blue envelope.....just looking at me!!! so......if anyone is wondering, it took me exactly 7 days, 4 buisness days to get my ssi 1st backpay(snail mail) after talking to the office!!!!
I really hope this makes someones wait just a little more bearable!!!!!

Well good for you. I mean that, no sarcasm. I was denied for SSI, even though I never applied for it in the first place. :p

Cblue 04-07-2011 09:45 AM

Hey Shellback...how could you be denied if you never applied for it?
(Please excuse me if this is a stupid question...takes em a while to catch on)
:confused:
:)

Jimking 04-07-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 759976)
Hey Shellback...how could you be denied if you never applied for it?
(Please excuse me if this is a stupid question...takes em a while to catch on)
:confused:
:)

When you apply for SSDI you are automatically applying for SSI. Just standard proceedure. Many don't need or want it or qualify for SSI because of too many assets, money, homes, working spouse etc.

Shellback 04-07-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimking (Post 759995)
When you apply for SSDI you are automatically applying for SSI. Just standard proceedure. Many don't need or want it or qualify for SSI because of too many assets, money, homes, working spouse etc.

OK, so I guess I did apply for it after all. I did get SSDI and that's what I was aiming for. If my wife loses her job (very strong possibility) I will more than likely try for SSI.

Jimking 04-07-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellback (Post 760022)
OK, so I guess I did apply for it after all. I did get SSDI and that's what I was aiming for. If my wife loses her job (very strong possibility) I will more than likely try for SSI.

Watch those assets. If I'm not mistaking, in my state if you possess more than $3000 dollars forget about it. Even the owning of newer cars can put you over. You really have to be broke. But each state most likely is different.

Shellback 04-07-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimking (Post 760071)
Watch those assets. If I'm not mistaking, in my state if you possess more than $3000 dollars forget about it. Even the owning of newer cars can put you over. You really have to be broke. But each state most likely is different.

Things got so bad for my family and I financially that my wife had to cash in her 401k to pay the bills and a few weeks later I was approved and got my SSDI backpay in 2010.

After I fork over the majority of the money we have left to the IRS this month I may just qualify. Especially if my wife loses her job. :(

finz 04-08-2011 08:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Shell

Shellback 04-12-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 760287)
Sorry to hear that Shell

Thanks finz. Tomorrow is the big day. My wife will learn her fate as far as her employment is concerned. All I can to his hope and pray that the news isn't too bad. :(

Shellback 04-19-2011 06:36 PM

Well, TG my wife still has her job. The question now is how much longer will she keep it. Her boss seems to get off on threatening to terminate the employee's on a daily basis! :mad: