NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Function report adult (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/118018-function-report-adult.html)

wdwgranny 03-31-2010 03:38 PM

Function report adult

i recieved these today filed out , not much room i guess i will add a paper with the rest of my answers hope the accept. they also sent a paper for asthma seprate to fill out dr visit hosp visit and er visit , over last yr, still goin to put my 2008 hosp stay of 6 days in there,waiting on onfo for how many times went to dr, i have it written some where lol,
i wish i never started this sometimes very nerve racking, i read my MRI and feel they wont think it is bad enough , hoping dr 's notes will help from all my many visits and injections and scs implant and asthma visits to dr. , and scar tissue , oh i wish i had a crystal ball. i wish they could of been with me today when i venteredd to the post office by myself and my back went there i sat for half hour for the pain med to kick in , instead called my son and d.i.l to come save me lol.
any way long i know ....do you think they take any consideration from dr visits? and his notes and and feelings???oh please say yes :eek::confused::grouphug::(

Hoosier_Daddy 03-31-2010 10:04 PM

Journal

If you are not already keeping a daily journal I would advise doing it. Take this to the judge and show him how much pain you are in. This way you have it documented. I am not sure how far along the disability process you are at, but if you are getting ready for the judge this will help you. My judge was impressed with mine. I had 1 that went back 3 years.

dtyree 04-01-2010 06:17 AM

No, the forms they send to you do not give enough room to put everything down. What I did was to type each question and then type my response using the computer. I sent back to SS 15 pages in response to the functionality form along with the questionaire sent to you and of course, the cover sheet. All the information was scanned into their computer system. And with the typed respones, save this to your computer and you have a record of what was written.

David

legalmania 04-01-2010 02:00 PM

I always write in the small space , SEE ATTACHED, in big letters. Then I type the rest. Try not to make it to long, because they are testing you the whole time. If you can sit and type out long letters than you can work. Don't give up,because as I told you before you are sick and you are just going to get worse, if you have to work.

wdwgranny 04-01-2010 09:40 PM

Should i just get a lawyer now while i just applied or wait? i and see after they recive my funtion report and stuuf? little confused:confused:

legalmania 04-02-2010 01:29 PM

I would wait, but of course I have done this before. If you feel nervous and it's making you worry than start looking for an attorney. For now your holding your own so keep up the good work. I wish I lived near you because I would love to help.

finz 04-03-2010 01:36 AM

I would make sure to give all of the information that you think they will need to make a fair decision in your reponse. I would not feel the need to limit how much I wrote because you can also explain that you can only type for a few minutes at a time and it took you XXX amount of weeks to prepare that information for them.

finz 04-03-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwgranny (Post 639306)
Should i just get a lawyer now while i just applied or wait? i and see after they recive my funtion report and stuuf? little confused:confused:

That is a difficult decision that only you can make.

I chose to get a lawyer to help with my claim after my first rejection on the advice of my WC lawyer.

I would feel like at this point, you've done all the work....Why share the money ? I would get a lawyer if this claim is rejected. Many other posters on here have written that when they contacted lawyers at the beginning of their claim process, they were told to call back after a rejection or two. That makes some sense with the way payment is set up......if your lawyer can only get 25% of your backpay up to a cap ($5300 when I was accepted, but it's higher now), he would rather get 25% of $20,000 than 25% of $5,000.

You can keep all the money if you get accepted on your own. You might start getting paid sooner and get accepted vs rejected if you have a lawyer.

It is a really tough decision. Best of luck.

legalmania 04-03-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 639731)
That is a difficult decision that only you can make.

I chose to get a lawyer to help with my claim after my first rejection on the advice of my WC lawyer.

I would feel like at this point, you've done all the work....Why share the money ? I would get a lawyer if this claim is rejected. Many other posters on here have written that when they contacted lawyers at the beginning of their claim process, they were told to call back after a rejection or two. That makes some sense with the way payment is set up......if your lawyer can only get 25% of your backpay up to a cap ($5300 when I was accepted, but it's higher now), he would rather get 25% of $20,000 than 25% of $5,000.

You can keep all the money if you get accepted on your own. You might start getting paid sooner and get accepted vs rejected if you have a lawyer.

It is a really tough decision. Best of luck.

It's up to $6,000 now and at the rate their going they will probably get a raise next year.

Feel the Burn 04-03-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legalmania (Post 639886)
It's up to $6,000 now and at the rate their going they will probably get a raise next year.

While we didnt get a COLA this year,, and they got a raise up to 6 grand