NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Specific Areas of Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/63255-specific-pain.html)

Kitty 12-10-2008 09:51 AM

Specific Areas of Pain

I have spasticity pain in my right leg - right around the lower thigh & knee area. I always have pain here....never in my left leg or my back or my arms. Always in my right leg.

Does anyone else have a specific area where spasticity gets you? I've been taking my Baclofen again (as needed) and it seems to help a little. I don't take it on a regular basis but when the pain just gets to be too much I'll take a couple.

It seems strange to me that this one area is always affected but never anywhere else.

Now that I've said that I'm sure I'll start getting pains everywhere else :rolleyes: but so far it's just been my right leg. I moan and groan like an 80 year old woman when I'm trying to get up from a chair or kneeling down.

tkrik 12-10-2008 10:08 AM

For me it is my left leg from the butt down to the calves that always seems to act up. You would think that will all the spasms in my butt and hamstring, I would have a nice firm butt. LOL.

I do get spasticity in other areas of my body (including my face :eek:) but it is not as constant as my left leg. I have a lot of hyperreflexia in my left arm that I only notice when getting a neuro exam. It's always there but I never feel it.

Hang in there Kelly. Keep taking the baclofen as it is my understanding that taking it on a regular basis is the best. :hug::hug:

barb02 12-10-2008 11:11 AM

For me, it is the left side of my rib cage and my left leg, mainly from my knee down through my foot. Occasionally, I will also experience pain in my upper leg. I take 10 mg of baclofen in the morning and another 10 mg in the early evening, and I am not sure it really helps either. My lower back also aches off and on during the day.

CayoKay 12-10-2008 11:11 AM

Kell, I think Trish is right... I remember being told something about Baclofen and blood levels... and that it should be taken regularly, and not PRN (as needed) in order to work properly...

yes, I have "specific areas" of spasticity.

it used to be always my right leg for the last ten years, mainly the calf and foot... my toes stand UP and holler for attention... gentle regular stretching seems to help.

don't want to scare you, but... I've got muscle twangs going on with my left leg, behind my knee, down the calf, and in my foot.

*shudder*

and brand new this week, my left shoulder and forearm are twinging.

not at agony-levels, but just enough to annoy, irritate, and cause me to wince a wee bit.

here's a hug :hug: and hopes you're feeling better soon, honey!

tkrik 12-10-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb02 (Post 422521)
My lover back also aches off and on during the day.

:confused::confused:Lover back? LOL j/k Barb. All I could think of at 1st was love handles, which can hurt. And, yes, I too get the rib cage pain. Almost constant MS hug to varying degrees.

weegot5kiz 12-10-2008 11:27 AM

kelly it hits my left leg 99% of the time

SallyC 12-10-2008 11:41 AM

With me, it's my lower back and hips. That's actually what i'm going through right now..:mad:

lady_express_44 12-10-2008 12:46 PM

It used to be only my left side that was affected by this disease, but in the last 5 yrs there has been no rhyme or reason.

Once the damage is done, especially in the spinal cord, symptoms can come on for any number of reasons. Just depends on which nerve "root" was sizzled, and how much . . .

Cherie

barb02 12-10-2008 01:31 PM

Tricia, LOL! I had to reread my post. It is kind of amusing since I keep telling my students to proofread.:D

tkrik 12-10-2008 01:45 PM

Phew, Barb! Glad you saw a little humor in it too. As for posting on here, I made dumb mistakes all the time. It somehow is different than work where I don't make those dumb mistakes. LOL