NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Please, Please Pray For My Sister (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/37140-please-please-pray-sister.html)

Kitty 01-24-2008 07:44 AM

Please, Please Pray For My Sister

I haven't spoken much about her on this board but some of you know I have a sister (Susan) who has early onset Alzheimer's. She is only 57. She's been in a nursing facility the past four years and has rapidly progressed. My BIL called me this morning to let me know that they are transferring her to the hospice wing because she cannot swallow anymore and cannot take food or liquid. She does not want a feeding tube (living will request made years ago) or any other means of support. They have said 1 to 4 weeks is what we should expect. They had to remove fluid from her lungs last night. My sister in VA is out of town on business so I am waiting for her to call me back this morning.

Please pray for Susan - that she can have a peaceful passing. These last four years have been so hard for her and all of us. She went from being able to talk to us to being able to do nothing in 4 short years. She doesn't even make eye contact anymore.

I'm SO tired of losing those I love. I am trying to be strong for my BIL - he isn't ready to let her go. None of us are.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I love ya'll.

Kelly

tkrik 01-24-2008 07:58 AM

HK - What sad news! I am so sorry for you. I will pray for a peaceful passing for your sister. Additionally, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sending cyber:hug:'s.

Bannet 01-24-2008 08:18 AM

(((((Kelly))))) I am so sorry to hear about your sister Susan.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

turtle_78 01-24-2008 08:32 AM

Kelly, my thought and prayers are with you. I will pray for your sister

MSCherokee 01-24-2008 08:52 AM

Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I'll be keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Annelee 01-24-2008 09:14 AM

Oh, Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I pray she doesn't not feel too much pain. Gold Bless you all for letting her die with dignity. That must be very hard to uphold your sis' wishes.

Prayers for the Holy Spirit to bring comfort to everyone. :hug:

soxmom 01-24-2008 09:22 AM

Im sorry to hear about your sis Kelly.:( My thoughts and prayers
are with you and yours.

Soxmom

Foggy Brain 01-24-2008 09:27 AM

Kelly,

May the Lord be with your sister, you, and your family during this most difficult time. Prayers and thoughts will be made.

GladysD 01-24-2008 09:38 AM

(((Kelly)))

May you all gain the peace that you need and deserve!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today

D_HOLLAND 01-24-2008 09:49 AM

Kelly, you have been through so very much lately - you are in my prayers

((((Kelly)))))