NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Chaos (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/207198-chaos.html)

Living_Dazed 07-22-2014 09:00 PM

Chaos

Father in law passed yesterday morning. He's been in the hospital since June. My husbands and my parents live a few blocks from each other so we packed everything up to go stay at my moms

So did my sister and her husband which is my husbands brother.

<giving all time to process...>

Too many people at my moms and animals. Movement, sound, tv, talking, just too much. It was chaos to me. Before, I could have and have handled it. All my symptoms went crazy. Hubby packed all my stuff and took me and the animals home

There are 8 kids on one side and 8 kids on the other side, aunts, uncles, friends. Such a huge celebration of life which is beautiful. I made it for a bit but will have to nap. Miss that never ending energy but I'm thankful to be alive and able to participate as much as I can.

I can't handle chaos anymore. Simple is best even when it comes to the decorating in our home. Simple life.

I follow a young girl of 15 that is going to die any time now. She has a tumor at the base of her skull. It's inoperable and has not responded to treatment. Even at 43 I have lived a great and eventful life. This little one is just a pup. I think of her now when I want to get mad at my situation and I am determined to live as much as I can and try to accept when I must sit out.

Life is unpredictable and not a guarantee. Live as much as you can any way you have to with those you love.

Jenna

music-in-me 07-23-2014 09:00 AM

Hi Jenna,

Sorry to hear of your loss. As you know, I lost my mother-in-law in March, and had some of the same issues you are having with the gathering of family and overstimulation. I did actually better than I thought I would, but I did retreat to quieter areas when I had to.

You are right about the time we are given. Never truly know when it is up, and it's precious. I hope you will eventually see improvement in the areas of your life that are such a daunting challenge.

So glad you are continuing your positive attitude.:hug: M-i-m

berkeleybrain 07-23-2014 11:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your losses.

I'm sure to be around your love ones is also a gift and to participate as a family in this time is fundamentally what family is all about.

Take time to take care of yourself, too. But it is so powerful, how we never really know when our time will come.

Lara 07-23-2014 01:10 PM

I'm very sorry to read this, Jenna.
take care of yourself there.

You too, music-in-me.

Sitke 07-23-2014 02:23 PM

So sorry to hear all this Jenna, please take good care of yourself, big hugs...

anon1028 07-23-2014 03:43 PM

I am sorry for the loss. You are very tough as are many people on this board. I am proud to be a part of iteven if quite not as tough.. my prayers go out

KnockedOutMom 07-23-2014 08:15 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

I went to a large family function about 6 weeks ago (first time since my injury) and it was too much. I lost my vision and my husband had to bring me home and carry me to bed.

"Starr" 07-23-2014 10:19 PM

My thoughts are with you Jenna. :hug:

My mom passed away about a year after my injury and I had to travel back home for the funeral and all the family chaos that was involved with that. It was a really tough time. Losing family members is rough at the best of times, but is brutal after a brain injury.

Do your best to be kind to yourself and look after yourself. :hug:
Starr

Mokey 07-23-2014 11:02 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your spirit is strong.

I have lost a few close relatives since my injury and have felt it deeply, but have also felt some impairment of my ability to grieve the way I used to. it is strange. But at least we can feel.

Courage to you and your family.

poetrymom 07-24-2014 09:09 PM

loss and chaos

Hi Jenna

Sorry for the loss and all the hard times with chaos.

In time, the chaos thing will get better.

Take care

poetrymom