NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Does my symptoms sound like early PD? (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/45100-symptoms-sound-pd.html)

OceanView 05-06-2008 02:31 PM

Does my symptoms sound like early PD?

I have not been diagnosed with anything.
My General doctor (HMO) thinks it's just a sign of aging.
I am 40 years old but was 38 when it all started.
I tend to think the Doctor just wants to save money and send me away.

I have been having these strange things happening to me for the last 2 years after an incident that created a sharp pain in my brain.

Since then my hands and fingers feel weaker.
Brain feels like I am in a fog from time to time.
Twitching, eye lids and other parts of the body from time to time.
Headaches from time to time.

Also, this one is a bit embarrassing but after sex with the wife, I fall asleep and then am awakened by my body mildly shaking/twitching.
There is also a sense of heat that runs down my spine and shoulders.

I have no idea what I have if anything but was researching PD and wanted to know if people with PD had similar side effects before or after their diagnosis.

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

lou_lou 05-06-2008 03:01 PM

perhaps symptoms are neurological?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanView (Post 273961)

I have been having these strange things happening to me for the last 2 years after an incident that created a sharp pain in my brain.

Also, this one is a bit embarrassing but after sex with the wife, I fall asleep and then am awakened by my body mildly shaking/twitching.

I have no idea what I have if anything but was researching PD and wanted to know if people with PD had similar side effects before or after their diagnosis.

dear one,
no actually they do not, you need to go to a "Neurologist" and they will
ask you questions, and this is the not a GP's specialty -
so they just can not give you a qualified answer...
this is what I had to do, - :)

EnglishCountryDancer 05-07-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTenaLouise (Post 273978)
dear one,
no actually they do not, you need to go to a "Neurologist" and they will
ask you questions, and this is the not a GP's specialty -
so they just can not give you a qualified answer...
this is what I had to do, - :)

Hi.You do not say where in the world you live.If it is not the U.K others will give you advice about insurance etc If it is the U.K you can go to your G.P again and asked to be referred to a neurologists.N.I.C.E. guidelines say you should be seen within 6 weeks:not that this means you will.Do not let the G.P fob you off.The G.P tried to fob us off so we went private(£200) but on reflection we should have been more insistant.log into the predominately P.D is very difficult to diagnose as not only is iti a designer disease but other illness share certain characteristics.

Koala77 05-07-2008 02:49 AM

Hi there Oceanview, and welcome to NeuroTalk.

Sounds like you have more than one problem worrying you at the moment.

We have some wonderful caring people here in the Parkinson's Forum, and I'm so glad you found your way here.

Don't forget to check out the other forums, and perhaps we'll meet again.

lou_lou 05-07-2008 05:52 AM

dear countrydancer -

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishCountryDancer (Post 274422)
Hi.You do not say where in the world you live.If it is not the U.K others will give you advice about insurance etc If it is the U.K you can go to your G.P again and asked to be referred to a neurologists.N.I.C.E. guidelines say you should be seen within 6 weeks:not that this means you will.Do not let the G.P fob you off.The G.P tried to fob us off so we went private(£200) but on reflection we should have been more insistant.If you are in U.K come back or log into the predominately English site of Parkinson'Disease Society Forum. P.D is very difficult to diagnose as not only is iti a designer disease but other illness share certain characteristics.

my dear countrydancer,
I live in the USA - yet my grandparents were't from the USA...
and so I am only second generation once removed... ;)
we do not have rules to heal in medicine here, the doctors are all still practising medicine -:)

aftermathman 05-07-2008 08:22 AM

Oceanview ...

your symptoms don't sound much like my understanding of PD, in PD your limbs are not weaker, headaches are not a symptom I have heard of, and brain fogging at your age is usually caused by the dopamine agonists we are given to treat PD.

However if you are worried then see a Neuro, PD is hard to diagnose for experts, (I needed radioactivity injected into me to confirm my dx), but it doesn't sound like you have PD from what I know of PD.

Neil.

Ibken 05-07-2008 11:19 AM

See a chiro first

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanView (Post 273961)

Please consider CHiropractic first. Try to find a http://www.upcspine.com/ good Upper Cervical CHiropractor. Trauma to the head/neck can produce neurological symptoms long after the incident. Good luck!

OceanView 05-13-2008 12:29 AM

Thanks all for responding and the warm welcome.

I am in the USA for those that asked.
I am just trying to figure out what I may have. It may not be even remotely close to PD. Part of what I have may be Arthritis and maybe something else.

I have had an MRI and 2 CT scans and the doctors say that everything seems normal. It's not in my mind cause I know I am not the same anymore.

I have a few more symptoms that I forgot to add at the time of the original post.

- Hands sometimes feel like there is a small vibration. Not noticeable visibly but when hands are idle, it just feels that way. This was one of the reasons I started to investigate PD.

- My eyes itch for no reason. Especially when they get wet in the shower.
I often rub my eyes so hard that it makes red marks around my eye lids.
Never had this problem before and I don't have allergies so this one is really confusing.

I will check some of the other sections in hopes to find some answers.

Thanks all!