NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   Google Glitching? (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/111156-google-glitching.html)

Chemar 12-25-2009 07:15 PM

Google Glitching?

has anyone else been having probs with Google today? I have had periods when it was totally unaccessible, Gmail as well as Google search, analytics, maps etc, Then when it comes back up it is major sluggish.

it isnt just my computer as I checked hubby's laptop as well as both sons' computers and same for them

we are fine with the rest of the 'Net...just Google glitching:confused:

Koala77 12-25-2009 08:13 PM

Not at my house Chemar, but maybe I'm not a good one to compare with.

Kitty 12-25-2009 08:41 PM

I haven't had any trouble with Google here, Chemar. We're in fairly close proximity to each other, too.

mrsD 12-25-2009 09:46 PM

Yesterday I had a internet block....at 4am. Google wouldn't load.

So I did a whole bunch of stuff, I posted on the thread. It did come back and was slow to start, but after about 4 minutes it
returned. I assumed it was all on my end.

I just looked up my house on Google and it seems okay. I'm not up for Google earth right now...to much movement for me!

We just got back home, and replugged in the router, etc.

Jomar 12-26-2009 02:26 AM

I have Google as my home page, don't use the other parts of it very much.. home page is loading normal {for holidays anyway}.

mrsD 12-26-2009 08:42 AM

How's your "Google" today?

Could just be a local glitch... things often happen on holidays here...so many more going on line etc.

I have Google as my home page too. Most of the time it loads okay. When they put those fancy graphics up I've noticed little lag times.

Chemar 12-26-2009 09:10 AM

I can access some parts of Google now, but still not my GMail, business analytics, datafeeds to Google Merchant Center etc

I have also tried by using Google's Chrome browser instead of my firefox and it's the same so I dont know what is going on:confused:

I am not seeing anything re news of an outage for them so guess I will need to troubleshoot more

mrsD 12-26-2009 09:41 AM

gmail down.... that's terrible!

Chemar 12-26-2009 11:24 AM

finally got into gmail but it is still acting "odd"

I checked my Norton setting in case something there is interfering with my Google access but it all seems fine so hopefully this is just an area glitch

Chemar 12-27-2009 10:39 AM

as we are still having problems with google itself plus any site that uses a google analytics/adclick path, I called my ISP, Roadrunner, this morning and sure enough...they say there are major problems for central Florida accessing certain sections of the net, specifically anything google related.

they had me run all kinds of tests and paste the results into an email for them as they are trying to further troubleshoot the issue

At least I can now sporadically get into my gmail. glad I dont use it for business tho!!
amazing how Google dependent I am:eek: especially related to researching stuff that I list in my stores, never mind the analytics and datafeeds for my products to show on Google shopping etc.

I have been using the Bing.com search engine in the meantime and must say I really like it

anyway. at least I now know this wasnt just us, but is an area wide problem.
I do hope they get it fixed asap as it is amazing how many websites use Google pathways to connect.