NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   What helped your dizziness?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/146051-helped-dizziness.html)

Jingles1987 03-04-2011 10:23 PM

What helped your dizziness??

Hello,

I was wondering, for those who are or were dizzy, what has helped you lessen it? I've been having really bad dizziness/vertigo, and I could use some suggestions.

Jomar 03-04-2011 11:06 PM

possibly Upper Cervical Adjustments (c1, c2- atlas/axis etc)
??
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post735715-15.html

Tengboche 03-04-2011 11:47 PM

I found that the majority of my vertigo happens after I get out of elavators, once I realized the pattern, it made preparing for it easier.

I have had a lot of dizziness, and it seems to happen if my headaches are bad, and if I am overstimulated.

I had botox done in my neck and skull for headaches due to occipital neuralgia and that seems to have helped a bit.

For the over-stimulation dizziness, I have had to just re-organize my life and plan out how I feel and what situations I can put myself into so that I don't get overwhelmed.

I agree that a good cervical adjustor is a good idea, good nutrition, supplements, salt, rest and patience (I don't have much patience so this has been a struggle for me to have to learn to pace myself!)

Best of luck - Have a look through Mark's posts, he has a huge amount of information that is very helpful

Jingles1987 03-05-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 750199)
possibly Upper Cervical Adjustments (c1, c2- atlas/axis etc)
??

I've been seeing a physical therapist that has adjusted my neck, and it only slightly helps, but I have to go at least once a week in order to feel any relief, and it doesn't relieve the vertigo. It does help with the headaches, but that's about it.

just not right 03-06-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingles1987 (Post 750206)
I've been seeing a physical therapist that has adjusted my neck, and it only slightly helps, but I have to go at least once a week in order to feel any relief, and it doesn't relieve the vertigo. It does help with the headaches, but that's about it.

I have been taking antivert,seems to help but makes me tired

wtrpk 03-06-2011 01:27 PM

my dizziness is at its worst only when i'm overstimulated and didn't sleep well. Do you notice a pattern?? Maybe start a log.

the only thing that helps is getting a good night of sleep (which I never do!!)

Jingles1987 03-07-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just not right (Post 750579)
I have been taking antivert,seems to help but makes me tired

I've already tried that. Antivert, also known as Meclizine, didn't really work well for me. I really didnt feel anything with it.

BeccaP 03-09-2011 04:51 PM

I had dizziness and vertigo along with everything else. I have been helped by upper cervical chiro. My inner ear was damaged (perilymph fistula) I ended up having surgery to fix it and don't have the vertigo anymore. I still have mild dizziness on occasion that I think is related to visual stuff. I explained what happpened with me in another thread, if you search you'll be able to find it. Good Luck!

oneid1hrn 03-10-2011 09:09 PM

I just wrote on someone else's thread about having been helped by both my occupational therapist and Physical Therapist for my dizziness and coodination.

My OT helped me discover that a lot of my problems were linked to my vision issues. She has worked with me for a while now, given me exercises to do at home and there has been great improvement.

My PT was able to do cranial work to relief a specific cranial nerve that affects balance and coordination.