NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   I,m a newbie in Boston (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/166692-newbie-boston.html)

Cece's Raven 03-17-2012 02:30 PM

I,m a newbie in Boston

::) Hi everyone :), I,m a newbie in Boston, I just found you guys. What a coinsidence, I have an appointment with Dr Julius Birnbaum in Baltimore next week. I'm poooooped :( right now, but I just wanted to let you know how excited I am to meet all of you!!!! Be good to yourselves, Cece's Raven

Rrae 03-17-2012 05:20 PM

Hello!

Welcome to NT! :hug:

This is such a great place for support! Many caring people here.
Make yourself at home! Feel free to roam about and post wherever you'd like.

Let us know how your Dr appointment goes.
It'll be great getting to know you!

Rae
:grouphug:

Darlene 03-18-2012 12:40 AM

Nice to meet you!!

Cece's Raven,

:Wave-Hello:Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help. There are great number and caring fellow members here, you will see we are supportive and relaxing place. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug:

en bloc 03-18-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cece's Raven (Post 861817)
::) Hi everyone :), I,m a newbie in Boston, I just found you guys. What a coinsidence, I have an appointment with Dr Julius Birnbaum in Baltimore next week. I'm poooooped :( right now, but I just wanted to let you know how excited I am to meet all of you!!!! Be good to yourselves, Cece's Raven

Dr. Birnbaum has been my doctor for almost 5 years. He's worth my travel of 3 hours each way to see him every 3 months. He's very thorough. However, just as you would with any new doctor, take an advocate (it's very easy to forget things in a long detailed first appt) and a list of your primary concerns. It's hard to cover a full history and ALL your problems (if you have many symptoms), so pick the top 3 symptoms that are most bothersome for him to address at this first appt. It helps any doctor to have a written timeline of when your symptoms started and when you had various testing done (with results).

Good luck and let us know how your appt goes.

Rrae 03-18-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by en bloc (Post 861913)
. It's hard to cover a full history and ALL your problems (if you have many symptoms), so pick the top 3 symptoms that are most bothersome for him to address at this first appt. It helps any doctor to have a written timeline of when your symptoms started and when you had various testing done (with results).

Now THAT's a great piece of advice! I recall going to my first neurologist after a very long wait and I was desperate for answers.....I blurted out each and every thing that was bothering me, hoping to make the most of the short visit. Well, he put in my chart that I was 'Hysterical' :eek:

Wish I coulda done that one over again :D

Rae
:grouphug: