NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   My new little friend (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/93342-little-friend.html)

Jaime_S 07-12-2009 01:06 AM

My new little friend

1 Attachment(s)
This is Layla, ain't she cute! :o
We were looking after her for a friend, (Who rescued her from a shelter earlier in the year.) for the last 3 weeks. This friend was still looking for somewhere to rent where she could have a dog, but couldn't find anything. She eventually said we could keep her if we wanted, because she was working long hours and didn't have the place or the time to look after her. It worked out well in the end, because we were just starting to look for another dog since my dog, Zoe died in January.
So, now she has made herself at home, and loves chewing things!:eek:
~Jaime~

mrsD 07-12-2009 09:32 AM

That is a cute dog...very unusual looking. Do you know what mix she is?

I don't think I've ever seen one like this.

Doody 07-12-2009 09:38 AM

She is SO CUTE! Thanks for the picture! I'm smiling she's just so cute.

Twinkletoes 07-12-2009 09:51 AM

I'm happy it all worked out for you. Looks like a very cute doggie!

Kitty 07-12-2009 10:01 AM

What a cutie! I hope you enjoy her......she looks like she's happy!

Jaime_S 07-12-2009 08:25 PM

I was told Layla is a mix of chihuahua and some sort of wire-haired terrier, as her coat is quite coarse. She is only 1 year old, so still a mischievious pup!:o
~Jaime~

braingonebad 07-16-2009 11:25 AM

A
What a cutie! Great name too.

Chihuahuas are incredibly smart little dogs. You kind of have to be on them or they take over lol. But there's no end to what they can learn.

Notaclue 07-22-2009 05:27 PM

So cute...

It seems that Layla found you just as much as you found her!
I work with animals, so of course have the best job in the world, and am always touched by stories how animals come into people's lives.

ljp0782 07-23-2009 05:46 PM

Layla's a doll!

I've found that it doesn't matter the breed; you'd better establish yourself as being in charge and she'll follow along. A year old; wow, you've got a lot of living to do together. I wish you the best of life with her there with you.

LJ

billie 07-27-2009 07:21 PM

Reply to Jaime S

I didn't ask for my cat either, but love her tons just the same. She showed up in front of my apt. building in the dead of winter, and she didn't seem to want the food I offered her. She just wanted to follow me and cry. As tiny as she was, she made it up the two flights of iron steps to my apartment, crying all the way and came right in to my apartment. I had already paid my pet deposit for a cat whose recent death I was still mouring, but I had no litter box for the night. So I emptied a large box of instant mashed potatoes into a dish pan, and she knew what it was for right away. She has been faithfully using her 2 litter boxes for the 13 years since that night. What a good girl!;)