NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Gaba (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/146348-gaba.html)

BittersweetSerenity 03-09-2011 04:29 PM

Gaba

I was wondering what the experiences here were with GABA and if it can help with anxiety

mrsD 03-10-2011 08:13 AM

Gaba in supplement form is controversial. Some say it is not absorbed from the GI tract and blood brain barrier, and others say it is to some extent.

You can increase it with supplements, precursors.

The amino acid glutamine is one thing to try.

My son is using l-theanine 100mg twice a day for his anxiety.
He says it is very good, and helps him focus at work better.

prettynpinkk 03-12-2011 10:38 AM

Gaba and SamE together

I recently went and seen a Dr. Amens clinics in California. AMAZING clininc. The guy who runs it has 7 other clinics and in the last yr recently went on Dr. OZ , Dr. Phil, And Oprah. I trust his ppls suggestions and they suggested Gaba but take SamE with it. Heres the thing i recently finally got the money to get a 3mth supply of both of these items and at gnc the samE got $38..HOLLY CRAP...If i go on the 1st week of the mth all customers with a membership get 20% off. Thats still only $30 and i can not really afford that. Any suggestions??

BittersweetSerenity 03-26-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettynpinkk (Post 752387)
I recently went and seen a Dr. Amens clinics in California. AMAZING clininc. The guy who runs it has 7 other clinics and in the last yr recently went on Dr. OZ , Dr. Phil, And Oprah. I trust his ppls suggestions and they suggested Gaba but take SamE with it. Heres the thing i recently finally got the money to get a 3mth supply of both of these items and at gnc the samE got $38..HOLLY CRAP...If i go on the 1st week of the mth all customers with a membership get 20% off. Thats still only $30 and i can not really afford that. Any suggestions??

I am not sure, I dont think I am supposed to take SamE with Anti depressants?? But the GAba isnt working for me

prettynpinkk 03-27-2011 06:21 PM

Well when i went otthe clinic they said Gaba does amazingthings, but not with out SamE as an enhanser.

HIs recomendations for Natural Suppliments are...."For low energy depession and Mood Stabilization , I recommend using SamE and Gaba together. SamE may help for ADD syptoms. 125mg of Gaba twice day for a week and each week increase by doule until you reach 500-1000 mg a day.

SamE acts on increasing several neurotransmitters. It helps to increase mood, energy and lower pain. 200mg for 4days than increase 200mg twice a day than increase 200mg a week until i hit 1600mg a day.

I take high puriety fish oil with flax seed, and DHA for mood stabilization, depession.

Panax Ginseng mixed with gingko helps to increase memory ang helps in thinking processing.

Hope this helps...Everyone is differant tho..I been disignosed with adhd, add, ptsd, major depession, social anixety, and borderline personality disorder