NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   RSD and breast cancer surgery (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/178122-rsd-breast-cancer-surgery.html)

marciw 10-15-2012 03:57 PM

RSD and breast cancer surgery

Hi. Glad to find this site. RSD started in 2005 when fractured wrist and immediately unable to touch wrist and thumb with softest fabric or cast. ER kept re-casting and never able to tolerate. Saw expert Dr. Kirkpatrick who confirmed diagnosis. Regained movement and use of hand after therapy. Then Oct. 1, had breast cancer surgery (lumpectomy and wire placement) which started another episode. Moffitt Cancer Center does not want to treat RSD and Dr. Kirkpatrick no longer takes insurance. Need to know qualified RSD doctors in area and need to know if anyone has experienced similar after breast cancer surgery. Also, whether probability of tolerating radiation and Tamoxifen for a very sensitive person - right now home bound due to cannot tolerate even softest fabric touching area.

eva5667faliure 10-15-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marciw (Post 922863)
Hi. Glad to find this site. RSD started in 2005 when fractured wrist and immediately unable to touch wrist and thumb with softest fabric or cast. ER kept re-casting and never able to tolerate. Saw expert Dr. Kirkpatrick who confirmed diagnosis. Regained movement and use of hand after therapy. Then Oct. 1, had breast cancer surgery (lumpectomy and wire placement) which started another episode. Moffitt Cancer Center does not want to treat RSD and Dr. Kirkpatrick no longer takes insurance. Need to know qualified RSD doctors in area and need to know if anyone has experienced similar after breast cancer surgery. Also, whether probability of tolerating radiation and Tamoxifen for a very sensitive person - right now home bound due to cannot tolerate even softest fabric touching area.

DEAR FRIEND

THERE IS A THREAD
with sub forum:
breast cancer

as i found my lump
ask me any question
i'll be happy to share
my experience strength
and hope

someone who cares

marciw 10-19-2012 03:46 PM

Anyone have RSD in breast; how treated?

Thanks for the kind offer. I am still awaiting appointment with Neurologist, so I wanted to know if anyone out there had RSD in breast after breast cancer surgery. I cannot wear even the softest t-shirt on it and it is so difficult to stay in the house all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva5667faliure (Post 922886)
DEAR FRIEND

THERE IS A THREAD
with sub forum:
breast cancer

as i found my lump
ask me any question
i'll be happy to share
my experience strength
and hope

someone who cares

(Broken Wings) 10-19-2012 04:40 PM

Welcome to NT

BIG hugs for you both... :grouphug:

Bless you for sharing :hug:

Darlene 10-19-2012 11:57 PM

Nice to meet you!!

marciw,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please, just let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on his condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

:hug: