NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Watch 60 Minutes This Sunday (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/125671-watch-60-minutes-sunday.html)

Porkette 06-22-2010 03:57 PM

Watch 60 Minutes This Sunday

Hi Folks,
I just got an e-mail today from CURE-Citizens United in Research for Epilepsy and they told me that they will be on 60 Minutes this Sunday June 27th. They will be speaking about epilepsy and also how some soliders got epilepsy that were in Iraq. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

southie 06-25-2010 03:08 AM

Susan Axelrod

You are correct Sue, Susan Axelrod will be speaking,
plus others - if you are unable to watch it - throw in
a CD / DVD/ Blu-Ray and Record it!

Thanks Sue for posting this one and reminding everyone!

:hug:

Darlene 06-29-2010 01:41 AM

Sue thank you so much for letting us now about this episode of 60 minutes. It was very interesting to watch.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Porkette 07-01-2010 05:45 AM

Hi Folks,
I was a little disappointed with the show. It was good that they spoke about severe sz. (tonic clonic) but I was hoping that they would speak about the other types of sz. like many of us have cp, absence, sp, etc. They didn't mention how Drs. like to push drugs on people, and how they AED's can effect us. They only showed the DBS (deep brain stimulator) as far as surgery and there are many more types of surgery that are safer than that. I would have like to see them speak about how insurance co. overcharge us for life or health ins., the discrimination we have to put up with and also how a person with epilepsy can still work if they want to and that we are just as good as your everyday average person. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

P.S I'm now working trying to get NBC Dateline to do a story about epilepsy. I already received a letter from they showing some interest.

Tiger_lilly07 07-02-2010 03:47 PM

I'm so excited to hear that your trying to get Dateline to do a story about Epilepsy. It's about time someone tells the REAL stories about us and not "sugarcoat" or push this disease to the side anymore. Wishing you lot's of luck Sue!!!

Porkette 07-02-2010 06:24 PM

Hi TigerLilly,
Thanks for your support what I need is to get people to team up with me that are willing to share their stories about Epilepsy the more of us that write in to DATELINE the better chance we have at getting it on the air. They were interested in the drug Neurontin a few yrs. ago when I wrote to them and told them that it was causing sz. for me and then they busted the drug co. for off market labeling of the drug. I'm going to see if I can find the webpage and post it so any of the group here that wants to send their stories in will have the address. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue