NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Quiet in here! (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/21586-quiet.html)

Alffe 06-11-2007 11:56 AM

Quiet in here!

What's your excuse? :D Mine is a huge plant sale so I'm digging holes and watering the grass seed. Also enjoying the music outside and hey hey hey....the neighbor and I had a very pleasant conversation. :D

The weather is beautiful here but oh boy...we need rain.

BJ I so hope you are feeling a little better. And Wren, are you seeing any improvement? Curious, dear heart....can you feel the love? :hug:

Ok...back to the yard. Hugs for the room :grouphug:

Abbie 06-11-2007 02:49 PM

Things are screaming in my head right now... please forgive me if I am quiet again for a while... It seems that I just get to dealing with one thing and life BEATS me in the back of the head again.

abbie

KathyM 06-11-2007 04:09 PM

I've been a little self-absorbed lately, and I despise what I see. I suspect my husband feels the same way about me. His patience has grown thin, and I can't really blame him.

We went to the Blues Fest on Friday night. He walked faster than usual, and I couldn't keep up. I lost sight of him. I could only see the faces closest to me, and a feeling of dread came over me. If I stopped walking, I'd probably faint, but I didn't know which way to walk! :(

I figured it was best to stay put and walk in circles until he found me, but then I started to wonder if he'd even bother to come look for me! :confused: By the time he found me, I was terrified :eek: and he was furious :mad:

It was the ONLY time I've ever attended the Chicago Blues Fest while truly suffering from the blues. :(

Alffe 06-11-2007 04:17 PM

Owwwwwwwww....not what I was hoping to hear from this "family" of mine.
I'm sorry abbie..life just has a way of coming in three's some times...or is it four and fives? Screaming in head is very uncomfortable...can you hummm it away..drowned it out with singing?? :hug:

And KathyM I'm sorry to learn that your man is only human...I had a picture of him in my mind of being a super hero, and kicking wren's guy to the curb...
Well, we can't live with them sometimes or without them.

We went to a piece of the Blues fest in Chicago one year...the daytime stuff.
I'm a little intimidated by those large crowds at night. Can only imagin your fear at being left behind. Shame on him. :hug:

Abbie 06-11-2007 04:33 PM

Thanks Alffe...
I'm trying to sing, hum, or whatever it away... but no luck.
Worry and Stress have the loudest voices if you know what I mean...

Abbie

Doody 06-11-2007 04:54 PM

(((Abbie))) So sorry to hear you're not doing well. Take good care of yourself and do things you enjoy.

(((Kathy))) That is really scary! Like Alffe said, I always thought of him as Mr. Superhusband as well. I'm so sorry you got so scared, My dad has really bad eyesight, obviously for very different reasons, and I know how much it bothers him. His eye doctor from years ago didn't catch his glaucoma and when a new doctor came in, he was shocked at how advanced it was. He has a couple other things wrong as well and in fact has a 3 hour checkup of some sort tomorrow morning because his eyesight is deteriorating so rapidly now.

I'm sure looking forward to getting a chance to see you in September! :hug:

Doody 06-11-2007 04:59 PM

And the weather here is uncomfortable with mucho humidity. :thud: Oh, and found out today I have to have about $383 of work done on my car. Something about the boots on the universal joint, and axle, and oh I don't know. When I turn to the right or left the car goes clunk clunk clunk near the left wheel well. Guess I gotta get THAT fixed before I go driving off to the Chicago area! He said when those boots go the car doesn't! Like...I can afford this. :mad: :p

KathyM 06-11-2007 05:08 PM

LOL Alffe

Yep, he's human - and I'm a bi*ch sometimes too. Our fights tend to be a little more vicious lately, but maybe it's me. I think we've turned into the "Slowsky's" (TV commercial) - but we're the hard core, Southside Chicago version.

Wait a minute - he's from Arizona. It MUST be me! :eek: Poor guy. :D

KathyM 06-11-2007 05:33 PM

Doody

Sorry to hear about your dad. My vision can be quite entertaining when I'm home alone with nothing to do. I still have my acuity, but my corneas are eroded and filled with amyloid fibrils. It makes everything look Picasso-like, but alive. When my eyes are tired, I get ocular migraines - all I can see are neon flashing lights in front of me. When I'm up for extended hours in pain, I tend to get strange after-images when I close my eyes. All I can do is sit back and try to enjoy the show.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you too. We've known each other for so long. :hug:

Alffe, I'd really like to meet you in person too. :hug: I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to take a trip into the city. But if you do, maybe we can meet somewhere. If Superman is off work, he'd be more than happy to dump me off on you for a little while. :p

Wren 06-11-2007 06:53 PM

Chicago? A trip to Chicago? Oh, how I dream of another trip to Chicago .... well, Evanston.
For 14 years I made it to Evanston for the winter season opening of a gallery every year IF a nice friend was going too and he always was. He would drive me there, make certain I was OK and drive me home. Gee, we always had a ball.
Naturally, last year I couldn't make it because of my defective head and I have no idea what will happen this fall :(