NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Good news (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/186836-news.html)

MiaVita2012 04-12-2013 10:19 AM

Good news

This week has been busy with rehabilitation 4days out of 5. This rehabilitation has included vestibular & physical therapy 2 times, PTSD psychologist, today physiatrist and my jog/walking workout 2 days since weekend. I just realized that this week was the first week that I did not have to ask myself 500 times a day what the day or date is!!!!People would say what is the date and I could answer them...Like BOOM!!!Is this a small thing to be happy about or huge?:grouphug: "Let's go memory":D There's NO STOPPING ME NOW I am going to plant some bulbs in my yard now lol

Lightrail11 04-12-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaVita2012 (Post 974381)
Is this a small thing to be happy about or huge?:grouphug:

"Let's go memory":D There's NO STOPPING ME NOW I am going to plant some bulbs in my yard now lol

It's huge!

poetrymom 04-12-2013 05:01 PM

yea!!!

I am cyber clapping for you
)))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((

It feels good to get better.

woot woot woot

Brain patch 04-12-2013 06:21 PM

I agree

You have been working so hard. Way to go Mia! :):):):)
Remembering the day and date is HUGE! Any progress in the memory area is HUGE! So proud of you. You go girl!
Brain :hug:

MiaVita2012 04-12-2013 07:48 PM

I never thought i would say this

I never thought I would say that I had SOOOO much fun playing in dirt and feeding birds worms lol. I never in my life before would even get my hands dirty with planting stuff or let me say I was always to busy to even have a desire to plant flowers!I even did some weeding and every weed I dug up I thought of it as my brain stem and related it to the change in central nervous system.Weird huh?I was so happy and content with no worries on my mind.

My mother even tried to put her two cents in and stop my flow by saying "you should wait, what if it snows again". I said WHATEVER!LOL:D

So I went a little OCD on the yard today and have a few blisters from digging. I guess I need to get better gloves ( as I pick dirt out my nails lol):yahoo:

cyclecrash 04-12-2013 08:19 PM

Congratulations on the wonderful progress! Now that you've got the ball rolling, I hope it keeps going for you!

All the best,
CC

MommaBear 04-12-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaVita2012 (Post 974569)
I never thought I would say that I had SOOOO much fun playing in dirt and feeding birds worms lol. I never in my life before would even get my hands dirty with planting stuff or let me say I was always to busy to even have a desire to plant flowers!I even did some weeding and every weed I dug up I thought of it as my brain stem and related it to the change in central nervous system.Weird huh?I was so happy and content with no worries on my mind.

My mother even tried to put her two cents in and stop my flow by saying "you should wait, what if it snows again". I said WHATEVER!LOL:D

So I went a little OCD on the yard today and have a few blisters from digging. I guess I need to get better gloves ( as I pick dirt out my nails lol):yahoo:

That's fabulous. I love it. Getting "back to Eden" is Happiness! Last year I'd even painted a mural on my garden shed with "Le Jardin de Joie" written on it. (The Garden of Joy) Blissings and blessings to you!!

MiaVita2012 04-14-2013 12:02 PM

Getting Back Physical

I guess I used to take for granted that I could run 3-4miles a day lol!I planted 200 bulbs and flowers over the weekend.Also had family in town visiting and it was a busy weekend.Physically I am sore from everything especially the exercises that I do for PT everyday. I do squats all day because my L5 is close to herniating in result I cannot bend over. Physical activity takes a lot of energy when you are dealing with PCS along with list of other health issues from a severe concussion. I noticed my sleep has been very much appreciated from my body.:yahoo: I AM GETTING BETTER AND CAN FEEL IT MYSELF!THAT IS THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! :Bow: