NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I know it's early, but... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/87398-i-know-its-early-but.html)

PolarExpress 05-19-2009 11:28 PM

I know it's early, but...

1 Attachment(s)
I simply must start complaining about the heat..It was up to 93 here today, the Twin Cities reached 97 :eek:, smashing the old record of 89 set 30 yrs ago..Funny thing is, the northern half of the state stayed pretty cool~

Niko 05-19-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 512558)
I simply must start complaining about the heat..It was up to 93 here today, the Twin Cities reached 97 :eek:, smashing the old record of 89 set 30 yrs ago..Funny thing is, the northern half of the state stayed pretty cool~

No need to apologize! I dread the humidity that will hit my area in a few weeks, if that long. My fatigue gets worse each spring/summer due to the humidity.

I wish you well and hope that a cool breeze comes your way!

Niko:cool:

PolarExpress 05-19-2009 11:58 PM

Likewise, Niko...Not humid yet, but REALLY windy. Don't even want to think about high humidity to go with the high temps *shudder*..

Niko 05-20-2009 04:46 AM

**shudder**

Kitty 05-20-2009 05:19 AM

I know what you mean.....complain away!!! We've been so fortunate here in the South as it's only been in the 60's this weekend. It was even 48 degrees on Sunday morning. But....I know it won't last. I'm going to enjoy it while I can, though. I know the heat and humidity is not far away and I'll be a hermit for the next four to five months. :( Literally.....I cannot tolerate the high temps and humid conditions and it gets worse each year.

I can't believe how hot it got up there......it's usually the other way around. Hot and sticky here and cool up North. The weather gets stranger and stranger each year. :rolleyes:

Blessings2You 05-20-2009 05:29 AM

It's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow here, some places will see UPPER 80's. It's only going to last a day before getting back down to the sixties and low seventies. Everybody is so happy...almost everybody. I hate to be a killjoy, so I just (fake) smile and say, "How nice for you!" I am so dreading it, and glad that it's only one day. For now.

Dejibo 05-20-2009 07:57 AM

We had frost here 2 nights ago, and tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 90s! :eek: The weather here is pyscho.

I HATE the heat, and will hide in the AC house. I will do my errands early in the day, or late in the day and avoid the mid day scorch.

Schools are starting to let out, and that means every store will be crowded every day with folks who are bored and looking for something to do.

I know I complain about winter, but its quiet, and peaceful and I can just put on a coat and go out. I dont have to fight the crowds, or wait 20 minutes to be seated at the diner.

Come on snow fall! :p

karousel 05-20-2009 09:59 AM

Complain away. You're only saying what we all agree on!

We've been lucky that the weather has been cool up until today. Unfortunately instead of gradually heating up we went from 60's yesterday to 80's today. I hate when that happens, no time to get used to the change in weather. But then it will cool back off to 70's so that will be better. My AC is ready to be turned on as soon as the humidity hits.

Stay cool everyone!

SallyC 05-20-2009 11:25 AM

Someone once said "Don't complain, it could be worse" I complained and, sure enough, it got worse..:p

We have had wonderful, thank God every morning, spring weather, here in SWOhio/Dayton Area. I'm trying hard, nott to brag, because I think the same rules apply. If you brag, it also, gets worse.

I know it's coming soon, here to Sinus Valley..:( The heat & humidity center of the world..:mad:

I Too was shocked at MN being so hot, this early in the season..:eek: Southern MN got sandwiched in by a cold front and a terribly hot behind...LOL!

Dejibo 05-20-2009 02:49 PM

That hubby of mine surprised me. I came home from errands to find he put the AC in my bedroom window. he loves me!

I was melting. I stopped at an ice cream place and got a milkshake and sat in the AC for a few minutes to just recover. The waitress gave me the "mom face" the "are you ok?!" look. She kept coming back over to check on me. As I paid the check she said "you look much better." I asked if I looked bad before, she said she thought I may faint. I was quite red faced, and looked over heated. I hate the adjustment from one quick season to the next.

I wouldnt take a carrabean cruise if you paid me! I hate the heat. :eek: