NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Dang Doritos... (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/1884-dang-doritos.html)

LIZARD 09-27-2006 03:12 PM

Dang Doritos...

UGH!! I am starting to doubt that I'll lose this week. At least the dang things are almost gone...but then, I'll have to buy more for my son's lunch. I HATE it when I crave the stupid things. :( :o

LIZARD, so annoyed...:(

Curious 09-27-2006 03:42 PM

it really is ok lizard. :o the week isn't over yet. drink lots of water. flush the extra sodium out.

do you buy a big bag of doritos? when i buy chips i put them in small snack size bags. i make sure of the portion size according to the bag. this really helps. if i want a snack..i know how much i'm getting and it's cheaper to put them in your own bags.

((((lizard))))

janster 09-27-2006 04:10 PM

Have you tried baked Doritos? That would save you some calories and stuff. I wonder if you'd be able to fool your son??

I did that to my kids with generic cereal once--poured it into a name brand box. They didn't know the difference. :eek:
Hugs,
LS

LIZARD 09-27-2006 05:26 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

I'm just disappointed in myself. I haven't tried the baked ones yet. I don't think they have the Pepper Jack, which I love. I was so good about it until fairly recently. I think I'm just getting hungry more easily now, since I'm eating a lot less than I was even when I started last year. I'll live. :) I'm just ventin'.

'Preciate it!

LIZARD :)

bizi 09-27-2006 09:37 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself Liz....
Tomorrow is another day and you get to start it again.
jump right back on that horse....
Could you switch the snacks to triscuits or wheat thins instead of doritos????
bizi

slogo 09-27-2006 09:43 PM

Awwwwwww Liz, give yourself a hug and eat one of these instead...see attachment

Hugs, GC :)

Dad blame!! it was an apple and it did NOT attach. LOL

janster 09-27-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slogo (Post 15018)
Dad blame!! it was an apple and it did NOT attach. LOL

That's why you hafta try the Photobucket instructions!! Jeepers Creepers GC!! You would have SO much fun, and you're half-way there.......
Hugs,
LS :)

LIZARD 09-28-2006 07:08 AM

Thanks bunches, everybody! :)

I'm ok...really. :) I actually don't think I did all that bad this week. We'll see tomorrow...If I did gain, I doubt it was much. I do eat Triscuits and love them, but my son isn't crazy about them, so Doritos are always in the house. I actually used to do okay with them, but I'm getting lazy about managing my intake. I think I'll make several serving-size packs and see what that does. :) At the very least, I have to stop leaving them on the desk while I'm on the 'puter! :rolleyes: :o :eek:

I hate to say it, but I'm a very picky eater (one of the biggest reasons I'm on a quest to shed half of myself) and have never cared for apples. Not for lack of trying, but it's just a thing for me. :o

Thanks so much, y'all!

LIZARD, who WILL get skinny for good!! :)

mrsD 09-28-2006 08:29 AM

we are not at fault...

We are not to blame for many cravings.

Many processed foods have monosodium glutamate in them to enhance
their desirability... the glutamate leads you to want more..hence you
lose control. And "THEY" know it... hence their motto... "can't eat just one".

Also monosodium glutamate is an inorganic form of glutamate (we have a taste receptor on our tongue for this molecule).. and can negatively affect
the nervous system in some people. Getting a "rush" of this can make some people ill... it is called the "Chinese restaurant syndrome"...but it can cause
blurred vision, chest tightness, flushing, headache.

Many chain restaurants use it too.. places like Chili's. It is available in a powder form called Accent. At one time there were TV commercials for it, but not lately have I seen one.

janster 09-28-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIZARD (Post 15167)
LIZARD, who WILL get skinny for good!! :)

THAT'S the attitude you need LIZ! That's the attitude WE ALL need!!

LET'S DO IT PEOPLE!!!

Hugs,
LS