NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Rough Day (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/44758-rough-day.html)

Blessings2You 05-01-2008 05:10 PM

Rough Day

I really hate it when reality ups and slaps you in the kisser. Ya know?

This was one of those days when I wanted to lie right down on the floor at work and wail "I can't do it anymore!!" My ankles kept disappearing under me, my balance was flooey, my legs were buzzing, I kept dropping things.

Saturday I'm going to break down and buy a rollator/rolling walker thing for walking back and forth to work, trips to the grocery store, etc. It's not pride that's been making me put it off, it's being reluctant to accept that I'm deteriorating. Reality, in other words. Too many close calls.

Poor me, wah wah.

yeahbut 05-01-2008 05:17 PM

B2U I am sorry you have had a rough day. But, I am proud that you are going to get what you need to make your life a little easier.

:hug:

Kitty 05-01-2008 05:21 PM

:hug: B2Y :hug:

It's OK.....

I'm sorry you had a rough day. I know the feeling all too well. I've nearly fallen several times this week alone and think it's time for me to get some form of walking assistance, too. Before I do more harm to myself....like I need a broken bone!! :eek:

It's hard to come face to face with reality - especially this kind of reality. I'm just trying to look at it as being responsible for my own health and safety - 'cause I sure don't want someone I don't know doing it for me!!

Tomorrow will be better...get some rest and try to relax. If I was closer to you I'd bring you a dinner plate! Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and green beans......:p

AfterMyNap 05-01-2008 05:26 PM

There, there, B2. Every time I add an appliance to my growing arsenal, I go through a little thing. Then, when I remember how much it helps me do what I want to do, I snap out of it.

Lately I've been thinking about a couple more items and putting them off. Look at the bright side, it could just be aging.

*rollating out of thread fast*

KarenMarie 05-01-2008 05:30 PM

It's much too risky to not have something to hang on to B2Y and you too kitty1960 - reality does give you a slap every now and then - but then life moves on and your reality moves with it - much too easy to do damage falling - besides it hurts and there comes a time when skinned knees and elbows aren't attractive -

MooseasaurusRex 05-01-2008 05:57 PM

No words.

Just a big ol' Moose hug for ya'.:hug:

MSacorn 05-01-2008 06:21 PM

B2
I think you are very courageous. It takes a strong person to admit they need help. You may find after you have it, that it's no big deal and that it opens up possibilites for you.

Please remind me of this when it's my turn.

Kitt 05-01-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 270839)
I really hate it when reality ups and slaps you in the kisser. Ya know?

This was one of those days when I wanted to lie right down on the floor at work and wail "I can't do it anymore!!" My ankles kept disappearing under me, my balance was flooey, my legs were buzzing, I kept dropping things.

Saturday I'm going to break down and buy a rollator/rolling walker thing for walking back and forth to work, trips to the grocery store, etc. It's not pride that's been making me put it off, it's being reluctant to accept that I'm deteriorating. Reality, in other words. Too many close calls.

Poor me, wah wah.

It is good that you are going to get what you need. Reality sure does come in and slap you. Just the way life is I guess. And, I can appreciate it when you say that "it's being reluctant to accept that I'm deteriorating". I sure know the feeling and it's hard:( Thank goodness there are devices out there now that we can use. Take care.:)

SallyC 05-01-2008 07:31 PM

I hear You, B2....Been there, done that and own the T-shirt..:)

Koala77 05-01-2008 07:54 PM

I know how you're feeling B2U because I felt much the same when I bought my cane, but funnily enough I had no such qualms when I went and picked out my rollator. I needed it.........I got it.

I had to use my rollator quite a bit when I first bought it, but I've only had to use it once in the past couple of months. It's there though, incase I need it again.

Hugs B2U. :hug: