NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   I found you....I found you (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/1665-found-found.html)

mom2nikki 09-25-2006 09:34 PM

I found you....I found you

WOW...I just found this site tonight. I've been waiting and watching for BT to come back online. Although I wasn't the poster I once was, I did read as often as I could. I sure have missed this place and everyone!

Nikki is due on the 24th of October. I remember when she was just 6 weeks pregnant....time FLIES!!! She went in at 33 weeks with pre-term labor and they gave her the steriod shots for the babies lungs and a shot to stop her contractions. Nikki nor baby didn't take too well to the shot for the contractions. It really raised her heart rate and dropped baby girls. They were rushing her around for all kinds of test and at one point thought they may have to do an emergency c-section.

She stayed in the hospital for 8 days. She was 3 centimeters dilated, 60% effaced and at zero station when she left two weeks ago. She has since been back two times, but the contractions aren't changing her cervics any. On Sunday, they sent her home and told her to walk. They don't feel like it will be long. With the hydrocephalus and Chiari, they will not let her go past 38 weeks. She is the cutest little thing. Doesn't even look pregnant from behind. And only has what looks like a little basketball belly. She is just now back to her pre-pregnancy weight. So out of what she lost, she's only gained 12 pounds. She has had to stay on the zofran the entire pregnancy.

Well, I'm off to catch up on other posts.

It's great to be back!

Nina

mom2nikki 09-25-2006 09:36 PM

I found you....I found you

WOW...I just found this site tonight. I've been waiting and watching for BT to come back online. Although I wasn't the poster I once was, I did read as often as I could. I sure have missed this place and everyone! This place has been my life line many days and nights.

Nikki is due on the 24th of October. I remember when she was just 6 weeks pregnant....time FLIES!!! She went in at 33 weeks with pre-term labor and they gave her the steriod shots for the babies lungs and a shot to stop her contractions. Nikki nor baby didn't take too well to the shot for the contractions. It really raised her heart rate and dropped baby girls. They were rushing her around for all kinds of test and at one point thought they may have to do an emergency c-section. Such Mommy stress for this grandma. I would much rather do this for her if I could.

She stayed in the hospital for 8 days. She was 3 centimeters dilated, 60% effaced and at zero station when she left two weeks ago. She has since been back two times, but the contractions aren't changing her cervics any. On Sunday, they sent her home and told her to walk. They don't feel like it will be long. With the hydrocephalus and Chiari, they will not let her go past 38 weeks. She is the cutest little thing. Doesn't even look pregnant from behind. And only has what looks like a little basketball belly. She is just now back to her pre-pregnancy weight. So out of what she lost, she's only gained 12 pounds. She has had to stay on the zofran due to the hyperemesis for the entire pregnancy.

Well, I'm off to catch up on other posts.

It's great to be back!

Nina

CoolAngel26 09-25-2006 09:43 PM

mom2nikki...

Welcome,How are you doing?I know you're anxious about the baby,but..just know that we're here for you.

CoolAngel26..(Kristin)

lauren'smom 09-25-2006 10:02 PM

glad you found us!!! Been wondering about you and Nikki...check in more often and keep us updated please!!

Hugs,

Debi

LIZARD 09-26-2006 06:45 AM

NINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm so glad you found us, hon'!! I haven't stopped thinkin' of you and Nikki since the BT crash and was hoping for a good news update from you at some point. It looks like you have one! :) I am so glad to hear Nikki is hangin' in. Give her a squeeze from me, and here's one for you, too! :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((NINA)))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

and

(((((((((((((((((((((NIKKI)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))

Wuv ya!

Sista (and Auntie) LIZARD :)

Braindrain 09-26-2006 09:29 AM

Nina, it's great to see you again!:D I'm glad that Nikki's doing better now
and I hope that her good health continues.

((((((((Nina)))))))) ((((((((Nikki))))))))

suecr 09-27-2006 08:48 PM

Hi! Glad you found the site! Happy to hear Nikki is hanging in! sending good thoughts for a great birth experience for her! I found this site in as soon as it was started after searching for updates and found an article by Doc John about "where did BT go"?

MegNJaxMom 09-27-2006 08:50 PM

Hey Nina! Good to see you found your way over. I am so happy that Nikki is doing well. I can't wait to hear that she has had her baby safely and hopefully happy and healthy.

Austinsmom 09-30-2006 12:22 PM

Hi Nina,

I am so glad to hear that Nikki and the baby are doing well, I have thought of her often. boy it sounds like your new grand daughter will be here very soon, how wonderful, scary but… tremendous
I am so glad to see all is OK and that you found us!!!
Love to both you and Nikki
Deborah

**CiCi** 09-30-2006 06:17 PM

Nina!!!! I've been thinking about you guys quite a bit, wondering how things were going. I knew that Nikki was in the homestretch now. Praying that everything goes well and can't wait to see pictures of the mommy and baby. Hugs to both of you.