NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Going back to Neurologist Today (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/174180-neurologist.html)

Confused IT GUY 08-02-2012 09:38 AM

Going back to Neurologist Today

I go back to the neurologist today and I will get the results of my EEG , and C Spine MRI, for a week or two right after she put me on the anti vert and the topomax I was doing much better with dizzy spells and migraines but in the last 10 days my dizzy spells have returned and I have been having migraines again. Which makes me scared I was hoping to go back to work. Anyway I guess I will see what they say when I get there and let everyone know after while.

Dolfinwolf 08-02-2012 09:41 AM

good luck....!

Confused IT GUY 08-02-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolfinwolf (Post 902575)
good luck....!

Thank you.

Confused IT GUY 08-02-2012 07:29 PM

Well I saw the neurologist and she gave me the results of my EEG , she said I had seizure activity in my occipital area of my brain when they showed me the strobe light during the test and she said this was because of my concussion. It has to do with my migraines she said. She also said we will try Botox in three weeks if my migraines don't go away or have not lessened by then to the point I can deal with them. I am glad I have some type of options. Has anyone had Botox for migraines? How did it work for them ?

Mist8012 08-03-2012 10:33 AM

Oh wow!

I was dx with O/N yesterday. I haven't received treatment yet. Is this ur dx too?

You should read the posts in that forum some have tried botox. My neuro wants to try injections on follow up for migraines. Todays a bad pain day for me. I was put on Amitriptyline but it really didn't help me last night but I'll keep trying.

Let us know how the Botox works

Confused IT GUY 08-03-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mist8012 (Post 902882)
Oh wow!

I was dx with O/N yesterday. I haven't received treatment yet. Is this ur dx too?

You should read the posts in that forum some have tried botox. My neuro wants to try injections on follow up for migraines. Todays a bad pain day for me. I was put on Amitriptyline but it really didn't help me last night but I'll keep trying.

Let us know how the Botox works

She wants to use botox if I do not show improvement in three weeks , right now I am worse than I was, I was showing some improvement on topomax but then I started getting worse again.She upped my dosage and scheuled a followup. I am also still have issues with vertigo and she put me on another drug called cambria. The antivert was not working though it was at first.