NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Wilkes Barre PA support meeting Dr T April 2008 (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/41364-wilkes-barre-pa-support-meeting-dr-april-2008-a.html)

DiMarie 03-15-2008 02:54 PM

Wilkes Barre PA support meeting Dr T April 2008

Hi friends,
Emily left a message that Dr, Togut would like to get us together again for support and informational meeting.
I work Some Wed.,Thur, Fri, I think doctor visits family on Monday Fridays.
Do you think a Tuesday would work? Maybe 600PM
Maybe the First Tuesay next month, April? With the Last Tuesday as a back up. I can pass along the dates options.

I really would like Dr Togut to put together a set of DVD's on TOS and have contacted a person that makes these. So am gathering input for his thoughts and our needs.

Create an outline I guess we can add to.
Example
DVD 1 TOS the Diagnosis
Symptoms- test avaiable- how important to understand the history of symptoms and injury
What test do we need, what do they mean?
When is surgery indicated
What can we gain from surgery, and what is surgery

DVD 2 TOS Accomadating Life with TOS and options in treatment
Medication options,
Keeping range of motion
Reducing symptoms/Flares
Understanding the long term effects
Family support and understanding of a member with TOS
Working with TOS

As a long Time Father of TOS Mark Jordan shared with us, you can control TOS or it will control you.

jorjie 03-15-2008 04:26 PM

Di...sounds like a great idea. Please post the info once you know. I am definately interested. Thanks.

nukenurse 03-15-2008 09:08 PM

Great idea! I would love a set of TOS videos from Dr. T. I have a friend in the movie business. Perhaps I can find out if he knows anyone who makes DVD's (assuming Dr.T is interested in doind it).

mucker 03-15-2008 09:18 PM

That sounds like a great idea and for a real toser to be in it and talk about the range of symptoms because from the information out they sure don't talk about the real symptoms that we go through i really think that is important because for a long time i thought there was something else wrong till i found this sight and found out that there where many who had the same systems as i did but were no where in the articles.

astern 03-16-2008 07:29 AM

I might be able to attend if it's first week in april, tuesday or wednesday. It's a long drive from atl.

would LOVE to be there!

Dolfinz 03-16-2008 10:13 AM

What a great thing ! I would love to attend ( I live in Mass. ) but I think too much driving right now. But I would definitely be interested also in the tapes !

What a great idea and gathering !

Dolfinz

LinJane 03-17-2008 09:06 AM

I would love to come. I have been doing too much driving lately. Back and forth from FL and this weekend to Rhode Island visiting a college with my daughter. I could come and spend the night. I remember the Best Western had decent rates and was close. They also have a pool which might be nice for some of us. Maybe we could even do something there and get special rates. They used to give special rates whien having hospital appointments at Geisinger. Keep me posted. Linda

mtnmom 03-17-2008 09:46 AM

Wish I could be there! If I could make a suggestion though... any information and/or knowledge Dr. T could share or include on venous TOS, blood clots and vascular issues related to TOS, I would appreciate it!

As most of you are aware this is the rarest form of TOS and so there is just not a whole lot of information out there about it. What I would love to see, from any doctor anywhere, is a study on athletes and venous TOS, their diagnosis, prognosis, recovery (sucesses and failures), etc.

When I was first diagnosed and I got home from the hospital, I of course looked up this rare condition online and couldnt really find any information. It was awful to feel so alone and in the dark about the whole thing and just had to rely on what my doctor told me.

One day, I hope that there will be 100% credible information and in depth studies readily available to all TOS patients.

ocgirl 03-21-2008 02:08 AM

? cd?

Hi Di,
If you make cd's and are selling them of Dr Togut' lecture, please let me know as I'd like to buy one.
Thanks

marabunta 03-21-2008 04:12 PM

I wouldn't mind paying for this info either. Even an audio recording of the meeting, via podcast, CD, Video tape, DVD, BitTorrent, etc...