NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   New member - Has anyone been seen at NMCSD (Balboa)? (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/177281-seen-nmcsd-balboa.html)

Haute Mess 10-01-2012 05:22 PM

New member - Has anyone been seen at NMCSD (Balboa)?

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been diagnosed with TOS by Dr. Google :) But seriously I have the common symptoms of neuro TOS, history of trauma, and I just found out I'm the proud owner of a cervical rib. Now everything makes sense to me and I hope it does to the ortho and neuro docs when I finally see them. Unfortunately my ortho appointment isn’t until November and I had to beg my PCP for a neuro appt, which is this week. Interestingly enough I have seen neuro previously for unresolved issues with numbness and paresthesia of the face - maybe there is a connection with that and TOS????

Has anyone been seen at Naval Medical Center San Diego for TOS? Or has anyone been diagnosed with TOS by Navy doctors?

jkl626 10-02-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haute Mess (Post 918910)
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been diagnosed with TOS by Dr. Google :) But seriously I have the common symptoms of neuro TOS, history of trauma, and I just found out I'm the proud owner of a cervical rib. Now everything makes sense to me and I hope it does to the ortho and neuro docs when I finally see them. Unfortunately my ortho appointment isn’t until November and I had to beg my PCP for a neuro appt, which is this week. Interestingly enough I have seen neuro previously for unresolved issues with numbness and paresthesia of the face - maybe there is a connection with that and TOS????

Has anyone been seen at Naval Medical Center San Diego for TOS? Or has anyone been diagnosed with TOS by Navy doctors?

There is a TOS Center in San Diego-Dr. Brown
Also Dr. Angle in Mission Viejo is an Army Dr. I beleive. Its best to go to someone who is familiar with TOS,.

nospam 10-03-2012 09:00 AM

It is likely that the ortho and neuro won't have clue about TOS. It is best to request a referral to a vascular surgeon. Dr. Angle may serve NMCSD as he still serves the military and has operated on a navy seal. You can email Dr. Angle via his website - niren-angle.com

Dr. Brown is a neurosurgeon who doesn't do ribs so I wouldn't recommend him.

Haute Mess 10-04-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nospam (Post 919361)
It is likely that the ortho and neuro won't have clue about TOS. It is best to request a referral to a vascular surgeon. Dr. Angle may serve NMCSD as he still serves the military and has operated on a navy seal. You can email Dr. Angle via his website - niren-angle.com

Dr. Brown is a neurosurgeon who doesn't do ribs so I wouldn't recommend him.

I'm prepared to hear that neuro and ortho have never heard of TOS. Funny, I work with Occupational Medicine Drs and when I told them that I had a cervical rib the first thing out of their mouth was 'TOS'.

Additionally I move overseas early January and my worst fear is that my condition will prevent me from moving - if I'm diagnosed correctly - or that medical will give me a motrin and tell me to rub dirt in it and then I will be sent to a base that has limited medical resources.