NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   New seizure activity (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/169494-seizure-activity.html)

shezbut 05-09-2012 05:48 PM

New seizure activity

It's been a few years since my epileptologist weaned me off phenobarbital, and six years since my LTL re-section!

However, my seizures have returned. I lose vision completely and hearing. As far as I know, that's as far as these seizures are going. What concerns me is that my seizures were exactly like this before my E was finally diagnosed and treated. So I am scared. I've had lots of negative side effects as well as medications that didn't fully control my sz's.

I'm afraid that I will lose my driver's license again. That would have a huge impact on my life with my daughters, whom my ex-hub has primary custody of. I must drive 30 miles to see them ~ no bus or cabs out here.

Feeling real scared,

Shez

Porkette 05-09-2012 05:54 PM

Hi Shez,

I'm sorry to hear that your sz. have returned. Your Dr. needs to do an DNA test on you to find what AED's would work the best for you. Years ago I was on phenobarbital but it didn't work that good for me so I was put on mysoline (primidone) which is a little stronger and it breaks down into phenobarbital later on. This has helped control my sz. much better.
Keep a calendar and write down each time you have a seizure and what time it happened some of this could all be hormone related. I know when I was going through my change I had a lot of seizures and nothing could be done. My prayers are with you and May God Bess You!

Sue

shezbut 05-09-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkette (Post 877891)
Keep a calendar and write down each time you have a seizure and what time it happened some of this could all be hormone related. I know when I was going through my change I had a lot of seizures and nothing could be done. Sue

Thanks for responding, Sue. :)

I forgot to mention that my epileptologist wants me to be hospitalized, for a VEEG lasting 3-5 days or so. 6/1 is the soonest I can get in. That's when the doctors will work towards figuring out what's happening and what the best course of treatment is. Until then, I just stay on this med at this dosage. I'll have to write down each sz and it's description.

I don't know if I should be not driving in the meantime. :confused: I did talk with my employer about my E, as well as the upcoming hospitalization. I luckily just reached the 90 day employment, and I will be going on leave of absence from work when I go into the hospital for testing.

I'll try to remember to ask the doctors about trying DNA testing, while I am in the hospital. Thanks for the tip.:winky:

Shez

shezbut 05-09-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkette (Post 877891)
Keep a calendar and write down each time you have a seizure and what time it happened some of this could all be hormone related. I know when I was going through my change I had a lot of seizures and nothing could be done. Sue

Thanks for responding, Sue. :)

I forgot to mention that my epileptologist wants me to be hospitalized, for a VEEG lasting 3-5 days or so. 6/1 is the soonest I can get in. That's when the doctors will work towards figuring out what's happening and what the best course of treatment is. Until then, I just stay on this med at this dosage. I'll have to write down each sz and it's description.

I don't know if I should be not driving in the meantime. :confused: I did talk with my employer about my E, as well as the upcoming hospitalization. I luckily just reached the 90 day employment, and I will be going on leave of absence from work when I go into the hospital for testing.

I'll try to remember to ask the doctors about trying DNA testing, while I am in the hospital. Thanks for the tip.:winky:

Shez

Darlene 05-10-2012 01:43 AM

shezbut,

Very sad to hear what has occurred with you. I can imagine having to stop driving, I have been given my license, so I can feel for you.

I agree with Sue. Hope you do OK with the VEEG. When I had mine I didn't have a spell, wish you better luck. My thanks and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug: