NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Ganapentin and marihuana? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/222895-ganapentin-marihuana.html)

canagirl 07-12-2015 04:34 PM

Ganapentin and marihuana?

had anybody taken marihuana and gabapentin together? What was ur experience?

Has anybody on here been able to control their full body sfn with marijuana?

Does anybody Beleive marijuana played a part in their healing? It's said to be anti inflammatory so I'm wondering if taken continuously for prolonged periods does it allow healing to occur if inflammation was ur issue?

beatle 07-12-2015 06:27 PM

In my experience, it can help with symptoms but I have not noticed any slowing of progression or reversal. No healing at all.

madisongrrl 07-12-2015 06:51 PM

I feel it impacts my mood positively and allows me to relax on really painful days.

beatle 07-12-2015 06:57 PM

I too find the mood elevation is helpful but haven't noticed any healing from it, unfortunately.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic, I'm having a big pain day today. Guess I should go vape!

KnowNothingJon 07-13-2015 04:59 AM

Feel better Beatle.

EnglishDave 07-13-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 1154664)
I too find the mood elevation is helpful but haven't noticed any healing from it, unfortunately.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic, I'm having a big pain day today. Guess I should go vape!

Hey beatle,

Hope the vaping worked, and you are having reduced pain today.

Shame our Govt sees fit to continue to outlaw this med.

Dave.

surfer00 07-16-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1154628)
had anybody taken marihuana and gabapentin together? What was ur experience?

Has anybody on here been able to control their full body sfn with marijuana?

Does anybody Beleive marijuana played a part in their healing? It's said to be anti inflammatory so I'm wondering if taken continuously for prolonged periods does it allow healing to occur if inflammation was ur issue?

I take gabby and marijuana. Don't know if the gabbapentin does anything at all except make me hungry and sleepy. The weed helps with pain (probably 70% reduction) but haven't seen any healing going on.

beatle 07-17-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon (Post 1154724)
Feel better Beatle.

You too Jon

beatle 07-17-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishDave (Post 1154883)
Hey beatle,

Hope the vaping worked, and you are having reduced pain today.

Shame our Govt sees fit to continue to outlaw this med.

Thanks Dave. After trying some of the pharmaceuticals I've been prescribed, I could not agree more. :eek: